Friday, January 22, 2010

Dear Principal C,

I have some ideas to make the annual Christmas program run a little more smoothly next year.

1. Put salt on your sidewalks. I fell on black ice that was covered with snow while walking to the building from my parking spot. Micah fell right on top of me, which was fortunate. THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED LAST YEAR. I kid you not. Salt, dude. Salt.

2. Stop putting a screen picture projected from a computer above the kids that are singing. You have the lights low, you have this "picture" of snow falling on a pretend cartoon background, and nobody can see their kids.

3. The gym is waywaywayway too small for everyone's parents to fit. It always ends in parents getting into fights because they can't see their kids when someone is standing in front of them. And can you say fire code? Parents standing in all of the getaway aisles is not a good thing. Do as other schools do - divide it up. Kindergartners and first graders perform Monday. Second and third graders perform Tuesday. Etc.

4. When you send a letter home that assures parents that they can check their kids out of school right after their part of the program, FOLLOW THROUGH ON THAT PLAN. All of the parents went to their kids' classrooms after their part was over, only to find that the kids would be participating in a big singing finale in the gym. So we all sat in the hallway to wait, and the kids didn't get done with the finale until the actual school bell rang. I had to entertain two teeny kids for like an hour in the hall. But I had told Dylan not to take the bus home, that I was checking him out, so I couldn't just leave and hope that he figured it out. That was special.

Cordially,

Dylan's Mom

Here is a really poor video of Dylan singing. Boy, is he getting into it. Not:

While I'm writing letters, indulge me in a few more.

Dear Stomach,

Thanks for barfing up my Papa Kelsey's sandwich today. It gave me great peace of mind. Maybe this will be a normal pregnancy after all.

Sincerely,

Kar

Dear Mom,

Sorry I barfed up the sandwich you paid for. :)

Love, Kar

Dear Hands,

Why do you smell like peanut butter? I have not touched one thing involving peanut butter today. You are weird.

Sincerely,

Kar

Dear Hard Drive,

Why did you steal like ten of my pictures from December? I can't find them. Where did you hide them??? I'm mad at you. Grr, baby. Very grr.

Sincerely,

Kar

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would definitely print out that letter and give it to the principle!! I think they were great ideas, especially the rock salt and the different day performances. I can't believe how bad it sounds like it was organized! Hope next year is better!

And I'm glad you barfed again today!!! Yay!! :)

Patty said...

Very clever ost, Kar. As usual.
A+ on the barfing
F-- on the Christmas Program! Geez Principal C- get real!

Unknown said...

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the sandwich going down; because I'm sure you didn't enjoy it as much coming back up. At least this gives you some peace of mind as to the state of your pregnancy. Did you ever think you would feel so grateful about barfing?

Nat said...

Dude, mom took you to Papa Kelsey's? Where's my invite, huh huh HUH?!?!?! (Just kidding. Kind of.)

And yeah, that sucks about the Christmas program. Jake's school tried doing one in the afternoon and one at night, and they were both crazy. I want to email them and suggest they do two grades at a time or something, so there's less of a crowd. But that will never happen, unless I become the music person there or something.

lexykay said...

i like the girls sparkly scarf behind dylan. can you say pagent girl in making?

Layton Mom said...

I love your letters. You are hilarious!

Carrie said...

That is what I have been waiting for - congratulations on barfing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...