Thursday, January 14, 2010

Daisy Dukey, Thanksgiving 2009 Edition

We baby-sat my parents' neurotic dog, Daisy, while they went down to Phoenix for Thanksgiving. They own a condo down there and needed to clean it up for some sunbird renters.

I was worried about Xena's reaction to Daisy's stay, but she mainly acted disinterested, with the exception of Daisy's food:

Daisy is like a cat, anyways - maybe Xena felt a kindred spirit in her.

Daisy liked to sleep next to Xena, on Sadie's bed, and Xena tolerated it:

Daisy, cuddling into some folded laundry:


She always stands like she's about ready to vomit:

One night, we had breakfast for dinner. I slipped Daisy like one centimeter of sausage, thinking, "Aw, she'll be okay. It's just a teeny, tiny morsel." A few minutes later, apparently, she vomited silently next to my chair. I didn't hear a thing. When I stood up to clear my plate, I stepped right in the vomit. True story.
She had vomit all over her face, so after I thoroughly washed the bottom of my foot and cleaned off the floor, Ben washed her face near the sink. She did this weird doggie-paddle whenever we got her close to the sink. It was REALLY FUNNY.

Her face looks really weird when it's wet. And I think her beard just has that brown stain, because we scrubbed her face really good and couldn't get that color out.


My mom just loves this dog. She's getting pretty old (the dog, not my mom), and she's had some pretty rough bouts of sickness for the past year or so, but we'll see how it goes. She had some kind of blockage in her intestines like a week before Thanksgiving, and the vet wasn't sure if it was a tumor or something else. Luckily, it turned out to be some kind of food blockage, and she recovered just fine. Which is good. I think my mom wants Daisy around for awhile longer.

5 comments:

Emily Empey said...

Haha thats a great post! WHat a nice shout out to Daisy! I hate dog vomit!!!

Unknown said...

I remember when they got daisy! :) Kinda suprised she has made it so long... then again all you guys' dogs seem to live really long.

Patty said...

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy. Dogs are glorious and awful at the same time. Stepping in dog vomit? Gross.

Paul and Kelsi said...

i love daisy! aweee

Anonymous said...

Grrroooosss!!! Stepping in dog vomit!! I seriously would've killed that dog. LOL I'm not a big fan of little dogs. I like the medium sized really furry ones:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...