Friday, January 8, 2010

Winterizing

Yep, this is how far behind I am. Back when it wasn't two degrees outside.
I trimmed my daisies:

I pulled up the last of my wildflowers that Ben, in error, had planted in the broad sunlight. And trimmed my irises:

Micah was pissed that I wasn't hanging out inside. But he was pissed when I brought him out with me, too. So whattaya do? Here he is, crying on the other side of my screened window. You can't win with this kid:

There is this really buff, huge grey cat who is Xena's BFF. They hang out together all day long. And he wants to be a part of our family REALLY badly. I snapped this picture of him just the other night. He hangs out on our back stair and paws longingly at our windows:

He is a lover. Sooooo friendly. Xena needs to take a page from his book, I think. I want so badly to let him in our house, but I don't want him spraying all over it. I've seen his nethers, and he is definitely an un-spayed boy - I've heard that un-spayed boys spray inside houses. Is that true? Anyways, it's a good thing Xena can't get knocked up again... What a fiasco last summer was. I know that he's not a stray, because he is obviously extremely well-fed.
Anyways, while I was working in the front garden areas, this cat was soooo affectionate with me. He'd sit on my lap if I was on the ground, rub my face with his, play with the dead wildflowers that I was trying to stuff into the garbage bag.... He is so funny. I don't know where Xena was at the time.
When I came back inside, Micah had gotten over himself. He found something to distract him - opening my dishwasher and climbing on it.


Ohhhh, looking at those pictures just makes me want autumn to come back. I love winter for about a week, and then I'm ready to be done. :)

4 comments:

Patty said...

Agreed. Winter is about 5 months too long. I love that picture of Micah crying with his little pony. That's classic Micah. You are so great about winterizing. I do like one thing- and then cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Emily Empey said...

i hate winter too!!!! LOVE the pics of Micah! What a funny boy! and is that grey cat the one that knocked Xena up in the first place??

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of Micah!!:) I used to love winter, but this year it seems to be a lot colder to me. It probably isn't. I think I still like winter though. I'm not sick of it yet. LOL

Lynita said...

LOL! Yes male cats will spray, even if they are neutered! I love winter, but only if there is actual snow for the kids and I to play in, stupid New York!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...