Monday, January 18, 2010

Rigging Up The Lights, 2009 Edition

Ben truly couldn't care less about putting lights up outside our house at Christmas time. Though I finally persuaded him to put some up on the trim of our house. I have an issue with heights.

So Dyls and I did the bushes and the railing of our porch. And Sadie came out to watch. (But not to help.):


Not sure what's up with the frown in this pic of Dyl:


These pictures make me giggle, because he detached the hood of his parka and wore it by itself with his jacket. Like a bonnet. Hilarious. I should just call him Nellie. Or Laura.


Unfortunately, my lights are really old, and only half of some strings work, etc., so it was like a three-day process to get it all working. I really just need to break down and get new lights one of these days. My portion has now been taken down, but guess whose portion is still stapled to the trim of our house? Yep. I ask Ben to take them down every single day, and every single day, he doesn't. I would do it, except for the whole heights thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate heights too! I wanted Mark to put up lights on the house this year, but he never did. I bought some on sale after Christmas so next year I'll make him do it:) The boys loved your snowman guy!!

Nat said...

The last couple of years we haven't put lights on the house, and I hate it! This coming Christmas, I'm going to make Pete get on the roof and put them up in, like, September before it gets too cold.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...