Friday, January 1, 2010

It's a major award!!



Yep, my title is a quote from a movie. Which one? Hmmmmm?

I did a post quite awhile ago similar to what this one will be, but I promised Pats that if she did blog awards for 2009 on her blog, I would do blog awards on mine. Why not? I haven't done it in awhile.

And before I begin, may I direct you to Patty's post. Patty's a Poster from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. A very true, alliterative story. She awarded me "Best Commenter." Such an honor. Such an honor. In fact, since I'm someday making my blog into a little journal, I'll just paste what she wrote riiiiiight here:

This year's Best Commenter Award goes to.......: Karlenn

Seriously people, have you read this girl's comments? They are thought out. They are full sentences with correct capitalization, punctuation, and grammar. PLUS, in all of three to four sentences she can comment, uplift, and share a personal insight from her own life! It's amazing.

Do you want to see my acceptance speech? I knew you would:

*Weeping, hands shaking* - Oh my GOSH, I just did not see this happening. But I DID write a little note, just in case it did. *Taking the note out of my bra with shaking hands* - I'd like to thank the jerky girls in my ballet class that made me feel like a piece of crap. Because of them, I decided that I always wanted to make people feel good. I'd like to thank the person who came up with blogging. I'd like to thank the person who came up with commenting. I'd like to thank my beautiful friend, Patty, for writing the dang edgiest, funniest, spunkiest blog out there. *Grasping my golden statue and raising it high into the air* May blogging live on!!!

Okay, on to my 2009 blogging awards, which I am hereafter dubbing "Bloggies."

Spunkiest Blog - Patty-Patster. I just recently discovered that Patty was in the Gifted program in her school growing up, which doesn't surprise me. She is so quick-witted. So spunky. So spirited. I'll bet she's the kind of girl that could come up with a smart, amazing comeback if needed. Think the Steven Colbert of Idaho Falls. This is my favorite post of hers - yelling at her readers for not telling her how positively awful pregnancy truly is. Such biting commentary. But in a good way. I worship Steven Colbert. I worship Patty from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Best "Snapshot Moments" Blog - Jenny. My brother-in-law's sister. (Does that make her my sister-in-law?) When I was in Freshman English, one of my teachers always talked about creating "snapshot moments" in our writing. We worked on snapshot writing the whole semester with him. And on commas. Jenny often posts little snapshot stories about her kids - crazy, funny stuff they say and do. The posts aren't long or verbose, but deliver a great punch. This is my favorite post of hers - a hilarious story about her crazy, adorable son, Jonah.

Blogger Who Could Write for a Magazine - Nat. My seester. Her posts are so well-thought-out. So shiny. So perfect. So witty. Sooooo thematic. My blog looks like chopped liver compared to my sister's blog, in every way. Here am I: "I did this. Look at all of my blurry pictures. I'm boring. The end." Here is Nat: "I'm going to so cleverly pull together everything that is happening in my life right now into one theme and write it in such a superb manner that your jaws will collectively drop whenever you read my posts." Here is one of my recent favorite posts of hers - I could just eat my neice and nephews. So. Stinkin. Cute.

Best Phone Conversation Duplication - Mindy. Another sister of my brother-in-law. Which may or may not make her my sister-in-law. This was tough. I almost gave her Blogger Who Could Write for a Magazine. Because dang. The girl can write. I love everysinglepost of hers. Seriously. I adore her stories that are written in scripture style. I love her new-words-put-into-a-hymn posts. But my all-time favorite Mindy posts are the Phone Conversations. Here is this year's missionary call phone conversation, and last year's. Hilarious. Tears-streaming-down-my-face funny.

As Pats said, feel free to post your acceptance speeches. And, also to quote Patty, "And for those of you going home empty handed... 2010 is a new year. Don't hang your head too low." :)

9 comments:

lexykay said...

a christmas story!!!

Jenny said...

rats! lexy beat me to it! for once i knew the answer. :)

thanks for the award! you're so sweet.

The Dillons said...

Well my answer was taken. How about you and Patty do most boring single girl award, that would be me by far :) J/k this is a funny idea and I love what you two have come up with.

Nat said...

Aww, thanks! I have felt kind of...off since my surgery. Like my uterus held my snappy writing skills, and now that that's gone, the skills left too. And I loved your acceptance speech. So funny.

Anonymous said...

Dang it! I knew that one too!!:) I love that movie.

LOL Nat!! I love reading other peoples blogs and hearing what they have to say about life. Great awards, Kar:)

Emily Empey said...

:( I didn't get anything! I guess that just made me the biggest whiner! :) Cute idea!

Patty said...

Thank you. Thank you. Please, please. No more applause. Oh, Thank you. *crowd quiets as I smile my billion dollar smile at the cameras*
What an honor. An honor to receive Spunkiest Blog. When I hear the word spunky... I often think of myself. A sophmore version of myself... when my hair was spunky. And spiky. And about an inch long. I am honored to receive a "Bloggie." Honored to have Kar as a friend to give the blog awards a name (which I am stealing.) And mostly honored to be compared to Stephen Colbert. My number 1 crush. Just ABOVE my husband. Go Bloggies!

Mindy H. said...

Thank you so much! You like me, you really like me! And can I just say how much I adored your acceptance speech? Oh my GOODNESS! You are so dang funny! And sweet! And cool! And I think we should just decide to be sister's-in-law by default. We NEED to be related.

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch Pennsylvania Ballet, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/Pennsylvania_Ballet-tickets looking forward to it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...