Tuesday, January 5, 2010

GOOD!!!



My parents and sister have a gym membership at this amazing gym in town. This place is absolutely swanky. Any kind of class you could ever want. Any kind of cardio machine you could ever want. Any kind of weights you could ever want. It has a seperate little workout gym just for ladies, for those women who are embarrassed to work out in front of men. In every cardio machine is a TV monitor. You can choose from 65 channels to watch while you are breaking your sweat. They have a hot tub. And a swimming pool. I would die and go to heaven to be a member, but it's just a TAD pricey. Which means it's more than $1 per month. I could scrape up $1 per month for a gym membership, but anything more than that is too rich for my blood. So I make do with my little treadmill and my new YakTrax, which I'm going to blog about soon.

My dad got a 12-day pass to give to a friend who isn't a member, and he gave it to me! And I have been in hog heaven for about a week. My parents, my sis, and I go almost every night to the gym, and it has been a blast. Sometimes we go to classes; sometimes Lex acts as my personal trainer and kicks my butt in the ladies' weight section. When I work out with Lex, I discover muscles that I have never realized I had. Like those muscles between my ribs. Never really thought about them until Lex kicked my butt doing an ab workout. After we did shoulders and arms, I could hardly hold my cell phone to my ear for a couple of days. I call her the Killer Queen.

We've gone to a couple of spinning classes, which I adore. I took spinning when I had a gym membership when Dylan was only a baby, and it was my fave. I love that they turn the lights down really low, have black lights on that make everyone's teeth look really scary, and that they keep the music LOUD. My spinning teacher down in Salt Lake always played Styx, which was really perfect music for spinning. I loved it. At my first spinning class here, with my fam, a week ago, the lady played kick-butt music. Lex and I spent a lot of our time singing to the music. And nobody could hear us or get annoyed, because the music is really really loud, and the lights are too low. At our second spinning class, last Wednesday, we had a different teacher who didn't play my kind of music. She did manage to kick my butt, though.

You know how aerobics/spinning teachers are. They often yell encouragements, and try to get you to respond. "How are you doing?" "Good!" "I can't HEAR you!!" "GOOD!!" This teacher was like that. So, at one point, she kept asking how we were, and saying she couldn't hear us, so when she yelled once again, "HOW ARE YOU DOING?? I wanna HEAR it!!!!" I bellowed, as loud as I could, "GOOD!!!" Right at that moment, the music went off, because the CD was between songs. My bellowing came out really loud. Lex laughed at me for like five minutes.

6 comments:

Patty said...

When I was taking my Body Pump class my instructor would yell at us for feed-back. At the beginning I would always be all "GOOOOD!! YEAH!!!" And then towards the end I would scream what I was really feeling, "I HATE YOU!!!" I'm glad the music never cut on me. You would be fun to work out with. You get into it.

Emily Empey said...

Haha that's so funny!!! I want to work out with you! Come to YMCA with me! You can apply for scholarships and it can be as low as ten bucks a month!

Nat said...

HAHAHA!!! That's funny. Dude, I would totally join, if the membership actually PAID for the things that the place offers. You want babysitting? That's extra. You wanna play racquetball? Oh, that's extra, too. You need a drink of water? Gotta pay for that. Nickel and dime, and like you said, it's not cheap in the first place. Sheesh.

Mindy H. said...

Nice work on the working out thing. We have a kind-of sort-of gym thing here in my cute little cow town, but my friends and I still prefer to work out in my school in the mornings. It may smell like 8th graders, and we don't have 65 channels, but it is free. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy free? That is cool that you get to work out with your fam for a couple of weeks. Squeeze every last drop out of that free pass!

Anonymous said...

How funny!!:) That's so cool that you're going with your parents. I wish mine would pay for me! I really want a gym membership, but we can barely afford everything else we have to pay for:P Being a grown up sucks!!:P although I do get to do whatever I want... hehehe

Lynita said...

Totally laughing my butt off! Well not actually, but maybe if I could afford a gym membership I would be working my butt off literally! I wish I could, one of my goals this year is to lose 50 lbs. How am I going to manage that without a gym? Well I guess I have to figure that one out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...