Monday, January 25, 2010

I figured out why my hard drive ate my pictures.

It was my fault, very typically. At the beginning of December, Ben re-set the numbering system for our camera - every now and then, it starts over again at 0000. I put a bunch of pictures on the hard drive from December. Then, when I went to put a bunch more on at the beginning of January, it asked me if I wanted to replace the old numbers 0000 - 0050 or whatever, and I was busy and my kids were screaming at me, and.... I didn't even really read the question. I pushed OK. So it replaced pictures from Christmas time with pictures of New Year's time. I owe my hard drive an apology letter.


Dear Hard Drive,


I'm so sorry I blamed you for my stupid mistake. It won't happen again. I love you. And I need to back you up really soon.


Love, Kar



I had some adorable pictures from Christmas, but they're gone now. I'm trying to get over it. Nat took some good ones that she shared with me, though. This one is my fave - me feeding Ivy on Christmas Eve day:


Nat's kids all know that I will provide them food. They follow me around and request food from me, and I always deliver. Nat calls me the Food Bee-otch. And I love it.


Yep, I was unshowered, and my hair wasn't done. I had been doing a bit of cooking. For lunch on that day, we had my special turkey-on-muffins. Oh baby, was it good. Want the recipe? Well, alright. Twist my arm.


I call these "mine," but they're really Mary Giuliani's. She's a "caterer-to-the-stars!!!!" They featured this recipe in People Magazine in November, and I tried it out. I LOVE it. In fact, I'm making them again this week. They are perfect for leftover turkey. Ben bought us two turkeys at Thanksgiving, and we just barely cooked up the second one, so I have like ten pounds of turkey to use up again.


Turkey with Cranberry on Pumpkin Muffins

3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/3 cup milk
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
turkey (it can be deli turkey or leftover cooked turkey)
a can of cranberry sauce


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put 27 muffin cups in a muffin tin. (I do 18 in the first cooking batch, and then 9 in the second cooking batch.)
2. In a bowl, stir flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a seperate bowl, stir pumpkin, milk, oil, and eggs until blended.
4. Stir flour into pumpkin mixture.
5. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Once cool, cut muffins in half horizontally. Place sliced turkey and cranberry sauce on bottom half. Replace muffin top.


It sounds like it's going to be bland, but oh mama. I was dying when I first ate them. I ate like twenty. They're perfect. Amazing. I'm excited to have these again this week.

Oh, I almost forgot! My mom got some toys at the dollar store for the kids to play with while we were getting food ready and playing games, and the kids LOVED them. Thanks, Ma.


So anywho, we ate, and then we played spoons, but not nearly long enough. The kids were getting cranky, and we needed to break for naptime. Sigh. Kids kind of cramp one's style. We did get together again that evening for dinner and luminaires, which I'll probably post about tomorrow.


Slides from Christmas Eve day:





4 comments:

Nat said...

Yeah, that kind of thing has happened to be before. I clicked on a website, and thought it was asking me one question but it was actually asking if I wanted to make it my home page, and I just clicked "ok", because I didn't really read it. I'm sorry you lost those pics, though-that sucks.

spoonTRex said...

That sucks!! I'm so sorry that happened! Those are cute pictures though. I bet it's so nice being in the same town as a lot of your family!! Micah is such a cutie:)

Anonymous said...

Ooops, spoontrex was me. I never remember to check to see if Mark is logged in:P

Mindy H. said...

I'm so sorry about your photos...that is pretty annoying. Thank goodness for sisters with cameras!

Thanks for sharing the recipie. Those sound pretty darn good about right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...