Sunday, January 24, 2010

Basically Running Through the Nativity Display

My mom, my cousin and her kids, and Ben and I and our kids went to the Nativity Display at the Museum in Idaho Falls. Oh, what a crazy night it was.



And this is the only visual I have for you of that evening:

Because the museum prohobits photography. And gum. Are we kindergarteners??



My kids (and Kort's kids) really couldn't have cared less about the nativity displays there. They wanted to see the normal children's section of the museum - it has teepees and a pretend log cabin and stuff. And then they wanted to go see the animal part that is always on display. So we basically speedwalked through all the neat nativities from around the world, antique santas, a huge nutcracker display, and a gingerbread house display. From the glimpses I caught, it was really neat. :)



One highlight for me was as we were walking from the stuffed animals back to the main nativity part. There's this big room that talks about our city's newspaper through the years. There, we found a picture of my grandpa. He was a business manager for the paper during the fifties and sixties, I think. (Maybe the seventies??) He died when I was four, so I don't have any memories of him, really. It was so fun to see a picture of him right there in the museum.



I ran into THREE people from high school while I was there!! That was pretty nutty. But fun.

Next year, I'm all for going with just adults. For sure.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Yeah, we went a couple of years ago, and my kids really didn't care. Though Pete really didn't, either. Maybe I'll just go by myself. :)

Emily Empey said...

How fun! That is neat about you seeing your Grandpa on the newspaper thing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...