Thursday, April 3, 2008

Boogers, Boogers, Boogers!!

Poor Dylan inherited my allergy problems. I have to give him children's Benadryl every single morning, and until it takes effect, he blows his nose about 75 times. It's really frustrating for him. Sometimes he cries about it. The other morning, he pounded his fists on the window, screaming, "Boogers, boogers, boogers!!" It's frustrating for me, too, because he thinks he can't blow his nose himself. I've showed him how, myriads of times, but inevitably, he ends up getting snot all over his hand. If he brings me the kleenex, then I'll help him. I caught some allergy moments on camera the other day. Dylan crying in frustration:




And Daddy helping him blow his nose:


Poor thing. I'm thinking of starting him on children's Claritin. Taking one Claritin, every single day, helps me a lot. If I miss a day, I'm in trouble, but if I do it daily, it kind of builds up, and it helps me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could have written your post. My second (Shelby) has a nasty nose and has to take a children's Claritin daily (it works great) but man if I miss a day is miserable.

Your kids are so cute.

Unknown said...

Poor guy! I think Childrens Claritin is a great idea.

Layton Mom said...

My sister uses both for her little guy. She swears by it. So far my kids have been lucky and not inherited my dreaded allergies.

deannah said...

Poor guy. Allergies are so miserable!

Nat said...

Dude, I tried Claritin for a few days and it only buzzed me. So not only did I have a non-stop runny nose, I had to deal with it for 22 hours of the day instead of 16 or whatever. But if it works for him, that would be great!

Jenny said...

allergies are so hard. i feel like joining dylan in a good cry some days. i'll be happy when the pollen is out of our air!!!

Beej said...

Poor kiddo. I only have allergies at work. Something about all of the cleaning chemicals at the hospital or something. My nose runs like a faucet. It's pretty crazy. It sounds like the Claritin might help the poor kid. Give him my love. I sure hope that we can come see you guys soon.

Beej said...

Oh, and I think that it is hilarious and cute that he was banging his hands and saying "Boogers, boogers, boogers!!" It made me giggle...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...