Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Playing at the Park

A couple of mornings ago, it was gorgeous and so warm, so Mom, Nat, and I decided to take the kids to the park (Jake was at preschool, so you won't see him in any of these pics. He joined us later). We arrived to the park an hour after phoning each other and making the arrangements, and it was suddenly really windy. Sheesh. Murphy's Law! It was still sunny, though, and relatively warm, so we decided to stick it out. Our original plan was to walk around the park on the pavement, then to play on the big toys for awhile.

Dylan, with his helmet on top of his hoodie - we couldn't get him to wear it "right" for a long time:

BFF's Mom and Troy:

Sadie and Daisy:

Nat and Brock:

We only ended up walking 5o yards when Dylan got a great idea:

So this is what we ended up doing for the majority of the time - watching our kids ride down the hill. Here's Brock:

Dylan and Brock, collaborating:

Sadie was too scared to ride the trike down the hill, so she kept talking Mom into running down the hill with her, over and over (I'm glad it wasn't me!):

Nat, Mom, and I got sick of being scared that our kids would break bones, so we headed over to the big toy. Troy:


Brock (Some jerky kid threw bark pieces at him, right when I took this picture. Nice):


Dylan:


And Sadie Lou:

I'm ashamed to say that my kids got a little teeny bit sunburnt. And we were only out for an hour! I need to be more vigilant. Up until now, neither of my kids have ever had a sunburn. Luckily, it really wasn't bad.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I can SO relate the the sunburn thing! oh,..... and HAPPY BERF-DAY!

Gifford Family said...

I can't wait for better weather so I can get my kids out of the house and go to the parks. I am tired of winter! I am glad you all had a good time.

anjie said...

Looks like fun! What's up with the COLD now? I was so happy when it warmed up. It's got to be nice to spend time with your sister and mom so much.
You're ticker is getting lower and lower! You're getting close. I still have a long time to go. But I can wait. My kids are stinkers lately. How in the world can I handle another one?!

Nat said...

I showed the boys the videos-Brock can't get enough of watching himself! He had such a blast going down that hill, and he's usually so cautious! (Well, more so than my other two.)

Nat said...

P.S.-I couldn't copy the videos from the blog-can you email them to me or something? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

what a fun day; even though it was especially windy. At least it was a warm wind. It really was fun to watch Brock come out of his shy shell and to see those dimples and that smile

Layton Mom said...

I can't wait until it is warm enough to play at the park all the time! Don't feel too bad about the sunburns I didn't think about sunscrren either and my poor baby got sun-fried.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you got more snow. I hate getting snow after March 21 and before Dec. 21. :) Hopefully this is the last one for the "season". It sucks when winter is longer than 3 months.
Hope you were able to enjoy your Birthday.

lexykay said...

my blog is alive again... just so you know

Jenny said...

hope you had a great birthday. i'm sorry i didn't get to see you this week. things were so crazy, as usual. :)

hooray for sunny weather. i hope we get more of it.

Lynita said...

Oh man I just played the clips and I guess the volume was all the way up... the effect was that the wind noise on the clips sounded like thunder and scared Ethan sooooooo bad! I am literally lauging out loud! He ran and jumped onto the couch and almost started to cry! It looks like the kids had tons of fun, we have been at the park every day but Sunday for the last two weeks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...