Monday, April 14, 2008

Last Two Fires

Ben has been doing some work in our basement. He chopped up the wood that he has torn down, and we burnt it all in our fireplace for two nights. The kids loved it:

We were dog-sitting my parents' dog, Daisy, and she loved it, too. I set this blanket up for her, pretty close to the fire. She loves being warm - she's such a teeny little thing. I'll bet she's always cold:


On the second night of wood-burning, when I came home, Ben was reading to the kids in front of the fire. It was such a Norman Rockwell moment - I just had to videotape it. Plus, Ben is really funny when he reads to the kids. He totally does different voices for the different characters; it's a crackup:

It was fun to fire up the fireplace for one last time - it's starting to get nice and warm outside, so we probably won't do this again until this winter. We don't do it often, even in the dead of the winter, because wood burns so rapidly, and it costs money to buy the wood. It sure is fun, though.

4 comments:

Nat said...

I love fires! Too bad I don't have a fireplace... One of these days I want to get a gas fireplace for our downstairs-it gets so dang cold in the winter!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a warm cozy fire to curl up to in the winter. I miss ours. (We will have to put one in this house).

Gifford Family said...

I LOVE fires and David HATES them. We are such opposites! I am glad that you get to enjoy your fireplace!

Jenny said...

ok - so it's your fault we're having such cold weather today. :) jk - it was so nice on sunday and now it's freezing! maybe you'll get another fire. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...