Monday, April 21, 2008

Nat's Baby Shower

Mom and I threw Nat a baby shower on Saturday. It was so much fun! The honoree:

My mom sure does know how to throw a party. She made the cutest little diaper cake:

She also made cupcakes with little pink binkies on them:

And all the game prizes and door prizes were pink. Sooo cute:

I was in charge of invitations, which I posted on my blog awhile ago. I was also in charge of games. We played one where you fill in the blanks for certain nursery rhymes, one where you name the proper term for different kinds of baby animals, and one where you try to identify what kinds of baby food are in the unlabeled jars. Here are some pictures from game time. Me, the game-meister:

Nat, thinking deeply, who is sitting by April S. and Maggi J.:

Vicki T. and Debbie S.:

Joan W., Ann J., and my Aunt Terri:

Mom:

Aunt Marilyn. She and Mom were cheating on all the games, those naughties:


Then it was present-opening time. Mom and Marilyn set up all the food while Nat opened the presents:

I love Nat's face in this next picture. That is sooo how it is when you open little baby girl clothes. They are all so adorable. It's fun to dress baby girls:

Joan and Ann:

Vicki and Debbie:

When Mom got done with preparations, she came over to see what Nat was getting:

Then it was time to eat and mingle. Mom and Marilyn:

Nat and April:


Maggi and Vicki:


It was a lot of fun to see the ladies from my parents' old ward. We had a good time. And Nat made a killing! :) Thanks to Arin L., who took pictures while I ran around, doing stuff. I feel badly that I didn't get any pics of her. Thanks, Arin!

8 comments:

Layton Mom said...

I don't feel badly that you didn't get any pictures of me! I just wish some of the pics I took were better. Darn sun coming in through the windows. It was a fun shower and I think Nat is set for the new little one.

Nat said...

Dude, I need to start posting BEFORE looking at your blog! You just do such a good job at getting all the details!

Unknown said...

Dude you got waaaaaay better pictures than I was able to get! love the one of Debbie. Did you know she went to highschool with my dad!? in UT at that. Small world.

Lynita said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Is that your parents house? Did they move or am I losing my mind? The later is definately happening slowly but surely! I love the picture of Nat opening the girl clothes too, that is so the face we all pull!

Gifford Family said...

Your sister does not look that far along! Is she close to her due date? I think I am going to invite your mom to my baby shower, she did an awesome job with the decorations and details! What a fun party!

Jenny said...

the shower looks like a blast! i'm so glad she got to have one. one of my friends threw a shower for me after ruby was born. (we didn't know if we were having a girl or not) it was a lot of fun. took me a while to get used to seeing pink, though . . .

Carrie said...

What a fantastic show! It all looks so beautiful. It is nice to have an excuse to plan a party, and then it is always nice when it is over.

Beej said...

I'm like the worst sister ever! I don't think that I have been to any of my neices/nephews baby showers. I suck! It is so hard that life gets in the way so that we can't just do the things that we want to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...