Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Itchy DVD's



A couple of months ago, Ben got rid of cable and got satellite. He chose a plan that had onlyHD channels (this is of utmost importance to him - I couldn't care less), which means that our package has, like, 20 channels, and that's it. It's fairly cheap, but I miss some of my channels, like TruTV and E. And there is only one channel for kids, called Animania, and it has these really bizarre cartoons on it that I have never, ever seen before. Needless to say, Dylan and Sadie watch a lot of DVD's.

Sadie, the other day, got sick of watching Garfield Two, so I watched her stop the movie, eject it, put it in its case, pick another, put it in, push the "close" button, and then push play. I was like, whoa. I can't believe a 2-year-old is doing this!!

Because the kids handle the DVD's a lot (if I'm there, I usually try to intervene, but in the above instance, I felt too gross to get off the couch), there are many, many fingerprints and scratches on them. In the common event that a movie starts skipping or freezing because of the fingerprints and scratches, Dylan says, "The movie is itchy." I think that's a funny way of putting it. Is there a way to clean or somehow buff off scratches on DVD's? I'll just shoot that question out to my friends in cyberspace. Don't think I'm dumb. I've just never had occasion to ask that question before. But now I need to find a way to clean these buggers, if there is a way.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you can take it to Hollywood Video or someplace like it... I KNOW they have things to fix them!If they won't fix it I'm sure they could tell you who can!

Layton Mom said...

You can take them and have them resurfaced. It costs a few dollars but is better than having to throw out and replace a whole bunch of movies. I'm pretty sure Hastings does it.

Jenny said...

good to know. a lot of our dvds are in trouble, too.

Norlund Clan said...

You can buy a thing called a Disc Doctor. It will buff out the scratchs. Jay had to get on for the same reason. He got rid of the cable so know we just have a few channels. Aurora will come in to me with a DVD in her hand and ask me if she can watch it.

Gifford Family said...

Good luck with that and let me know if any of these suggestions work!

Lynita said...

Yeah Ethan tries to do that a lot and he actually almost broke our DVD player. He shoved 101 Dalmations in there so far it got stuck and Ryan had to dismantle the DVD player to fix it and rescue the poor dalmations! Thankfully he fixed it cuz we couldn't even afford to replace the dang thing if it was broken! Gotta love 2 year olds!

Beej said...

I think that it is so cute that Dylan says that the CD or DVD is itchy instead of scratched. It is so interesting to see how the young mind puts things together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...