Monday, April 21, 2008

My Little Greenthumbs

I'm tentatively trying my hand at gardening, now that it's spring-like outside. I say "spring-like" because, well, yesterday, we had 45 mph winds, and last night, it froze. I went to turn on my hose this morning, and it was frozen solid inside. Nice. Anyways, when it was warm for a couple of days, the kids and I had a lot of fun. Dylan loves to water the garden:

Ben and Dylan put together my new birthday planter. Ben actually let Dylan use his power drill, and Dylan actually did a really good job! Like father, like son:


My mom came over to watch the kids for about half an hour a couple of days ago, and I asked her if she wanted to help my kids plant my pansies - just for something to do. I snapped a couple of pictures before I left to run my errands:






She is such a good grandma. My pansies may be dead - they don't look very happy at all. Would you be, if you had to endure high winds and frozen temperatures??

5 comments:

Nat said...

YAY for pansies! I love them, but I'm afraid to plant any, especially in the back yard, for fear they'd get dug up by the boys.

Lynita said...

I think I would be dead if I had to deal with that weather right now! I swear the good weather we have had the last couple of weeks is the only thing keeping me going right now! Pansies are the cutest flowers... they always make me think of Alice and Wonderland and the part where all the flowers sing.

Gifford Family said...

Oh I wish for better weather so that I too can get out of the house and do some gardening. I am such a whimp, I hate it if the weather is not above 70!

Jenny said...

dumb weather. i'm ready for nice, warm, sunny days. :)

Beej said...

Mom is such a good grandma. I bet that it is nice to have her so close by to help out and participate in the lives of your children. She has such a green thumb. And ya know, it's really neat to see her do the same stuff that she did with us with the next generation. It's like she gets to re-do it or something, except she doesn't have to deal with the hard stuff like potty training, etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...