Friday, April 18, 2008

I Threw Up a Spider. Seriously.


Yep. That's right. I barf in the early mornings, when I get up to pee. So I usually barf at 2:00, 5:00, and 7:00 or so. The "barf" is usually nothing more than spit, bile, and phlegm, although sometimes my body saves my dinner from the night before, and I get to barf it up at two in the morning. It's neat. I'm so used to it - I've barfed the whole nine months with my other two pregnancies. So it's not too big of a deal to me. I just do it and then get on with my day.

Today it was a big deal. When I barfed my third barf of the morning, something black in the...contents...of my barf bucket caught my eyes. It was a little spider, only about 1/8" in diameter or so. It was dead, obviously. That bile is so nasty; it could probably kill a small child. I had always heard that old adage: "You swallow about ten spiders a year in your sleep. They crawl in your mouth while you're sleeping." I was always like, what-EVER. Um, I guess that old urban legend is correct? I just couldn't believe it. I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want you to see the other contents of my barf bucket. You're welcome.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

ROFL and EWWWWWW

Nat said...

"I know a YOUNG lady who swallowed a spider, that wiggled and giggled and tickled inside her..." Okay, I don't think the spider giggles, but I can't remember the actual words that go there. So in my version, it giggles.

Anonymous said...

I HATE spiders and the one you posted gave me 5 layers of chills. I think if that were to happen to me.I probably would have gone into labor.
That sucks that you have been blasted with "morning sickness" the whole nine mos. I will not dwell on the little tid bit of swallowing a spider, instead I will think that, the beast made itself inside your bucket and that, is when you spotted it. Still does not help the fact that I am still highly freaked out over this post.

Gifford Family said...

Yuck, really what else is there to say!?!

deannah said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That is awful and disturbing. Apparently that "rumor" about swallowing spiders in our sleep was started by a pregnant woman telling the truth but no one believed her! Ugh!

Nicole said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS! That would have freaked me out. I'm sleeping with my mouth taped shut from now on!

Nicole said...

and I just read your bday post...happy late bday....glad it was a good one. Aren't thoughtful husbands the best? I always feel badly because I'm never as creative or thoughtful as my husband is.

Lynita said...

Holy crap! I am sorry but that picture alone sends my skin crawling, then the fact that you saw a spider that you swallowed... well my first two words are it! I think this is one that I will never forget, like how you peed all over the nurse when she tried to give you a cathiter! Priceless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...