Friday, April 11, 2008

Clairvoyant Blinkers



I had to work a couple of days at my dad's office this week - they are swamped with tax season, and they needed my super-honed paper-scanning skills. So my mom watched my kids (thanks, Marmie), which involved taking Dylan to preschool one day. While they were driving there, Dylan was so worried that Mom wouldn't know where to go. Mom kept telling Dylan that she had dropped him off a couple of times before, so she would remember, but he wasn't convinced. But then a thought occurred to him that gave him a lot of comfort:

"Ohhhhh. I'm not worried anymore. You'll be able to find my preschool, Grandma, because the car blinkers will show you the way."

Mom's all, "Huh?"

Dylan: "Well, that's what blinkers do. They show you, with arrows, which way to turn. That's how Mommy and Daddy find their way around."

I thought that was funny.

4 comments:

anjie said...

That's funny! Who needs GPS???

Jenny said...

that's really cute. :)

Pete said...

Super-honed paper scanning skills? Are those like Nats razor sharp, impossibly powerful, "wolverine on PCP"-esque, so fast they have their own electron quantum shell, paper scanning skills? Something like that? Oh yeah and kudos to Dylan for noticing the blinker. I dont know if my kids even know that our cars have them..... oh wait thats bad. Nevermind.

deannah said...

How funny is that. It's a good thing you have a car to think for you! Or else you might never ever turn...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...