Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Symphony



Dude, I keep forgetting to post about this! My grandpa just came back to Idaho for the summer (he's a sunbird - he goes down to St. George for the winter every year), and he is ready to par-tay!! He came to visit the first Saturday he was in town, and then I invited him over for dinner the following Thursday, and then the night after that, he invited Nat and I to the symphony! He really loves music.

I haven't been to a symphony since Ricks College, where you were required to go to a certain amount of performances to get this thing called your Fine Arts Credit - a requirement for graduation there. But I do like the music, however unschooled I am in movements, composers, etc. I was a ballerina, so much of the music is very familiar to me. At one point, toward the end of the performance, I totally fell asleep - the music is sooo soothing. I felt guilty, but oh well. I'm pregnant, dang it, and tired all the time. So I have a good excuse.

When we left, we discovered that Gramps' battery died - he had left his lights on. So he called Uncle Kurt, who came to our rescue and jumped the battery in Gramps' car. I didn't even mind waiting in the car for twenty minutes or so - I relish having time off from the kids sometimes. It felt nice to be away from the kids and do something "grown-up."

4 comments:

Gabriel Growing Up said...

Karlenn! Thanks for the comment, I can't believe someone actually read my blog, haha! I love your posts, I just subscribed to your page. Isn't it awesome how the internet keeps us all connected? I love it!

Carrie said...

I guess there is one good thing about pregnancy you have something to to make you feel better about things like falling to sleep during a concert. Always an adventure when you are preggo.

Lynita said...

Ahhh time away from kids! I miss having family around, cuz without them here I don't get too much of that! I am glad that you enjoyed the symphony, I probably would have fallen asleep too. Being pregnant totally turns me in to a narcoleptic, I can and will fall asleep anywhere if given the slightest opportunity!

Beej said...

Grandpa is sooooo cute! I love that he is being so social!! I think that it is great. I wish that I could be up there with him to hang out and visit and do fun activities. I seriously love grandpa. He is one of my favorite people. Definitely one of the biggest male influences on my life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...