Monday, July 14, 2008

Ain't No Party Like My Momma's Ward Party... Hey... Ho...

My mom is the greatest party planner on the planet. Seriously. She's her ward's activity director, and she spends weeks and weeks planning the activities. They are awesome. Her ward is so lucky to have her. She invited Nat and I and our families to her ward Faux Campout. The idea was to do all the stuff you do when you're camping, without the camping. So there was a campfire, dutch oven food, songs, games, etc. Someone set up a game of dodgeball, as well. Nat and I aren't ones to pass up free food, so we went. Nat:

Sweet Ivy, smiling in her sleep:

Micah, who NEVER sleeps:

Me:

Dylan [I love it when he makes this face]:

Troy:

Pete and Brock:

Jake:

Dad:

Lex and Dylan:

Ben and Micah:

Sadie:

And Mom, the party planner of the century:

Mom and Dad dug this "fire pit," I think. It looked pretty fresh! When I asked Dad about it, he was like, "What??? I don't know what you're talking about..." :) Here's Pete, Troy, and Brock by the fire pit:


Dad, Jake, and Dylan. He was talking to two guys in his ward:


Mom made Nat, Lex, and I start up a game of Big Booty, so that the teenagers had something to interest them. The teenagers thought we were so dumb at first ["who are these people, anyway?"], but after awhile, they were having fun with it. Several adults even joined in. I'm so bad at Big Booty. I used to be a champ at it, when I was an EFY counselor, but that was YEARS ago... :) In these pictures, you can see, from left to right, me, Lex, Nat, and Mom. Sadie had to sit on my lap the whole time, of course:



6 comments:

Nat said...

I totally think Mom should go into party planning. She would do so well! Though she also gets so stressed out about it, too.

Jenny said...

sounds like a great party! i'm glad you and natalie got to go, too. :)

anjie said...

Looks like a great party and a great turnout! (we never turn down a free dinner either.)

Gifford Family said...

Big Booty??? Please share! Looks like you guys had a grand old time!

Amy said...

What a great idea! Our ward can never get it together for a campout or even Fathers and Sons. Ethan was really bummed so we set up the tent in the backyard and let them have a campout there. I think Jeff liked it even better than the real thing. Flushing toilets, power, the air mattress and a hot breakfast in the morning. It was so cute!

Kar said...

Mindi - well, each person is assigned a number, and it's hierarchical. Like, the more you win, the lower in number you become. So Big Booty is the one who has won the most, and then it's Number One, Number Two, and so on. So basically, one person says his number, and then another person's number. Then that person says his number, and then a different person's number. And you have to do it to a beat (hence the clapping). And if you mess up, you become the lowest number,and everyone else moves up. It's a lot of fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...