Monday, July 21, 2008

Fireworks at Marilyn's

My Aunt Marilyn lives here in Idaho Falls, and every 3rd of July, some families in her cul-de-sac have a big fireworks display. All the fireworks are totally illegal, but that's what makes them fun. :) So far, they haven't gotten into trouble. The enormous city fireworks display is on the 4th every year, and we haven't gone for years, because you have to mark your "spot" like, days before, and then take turns guarding it, you have to park a zillion miles away, and then it takes several hours to get home afterwards, because the whole region is downtown. I get my fireworks fix from going to Marilyn's, and that's enough for me. Here's Ben:


My cousin Brandon, his wife, Cherise, and one of their daughters (I totally can't remember my cousins' kids names, ever, because there are a billion of them):


My cousin, Kallie, her husband, Wynn, and their two kids:


Two more of Brandon's kids:


Marilyn:


Dylan:

My Dad and Sadie (she's very, very sensitive about loud noises. She hates using public restrooms, because the toilets usually flush loudly. It's seriously a big issue for her):

Mom:

Micah (how can babies sleep through stuff like this??):

After the fireworks display, we went inside and chilled for a little while. Marilyn always has a ton of yummy desserts, and we all sit and stand around the kitchen island, eating and chatting. Here are Beads, Moose, and Ivy:


And Lex and Brock:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Missy has the same issue with public bathrooms... lol

Nat said...

I'm sad we missed the actual fireworks, but I'm glad we could still see everyone.

Last night Ivy was scared awake by Pete sneezing. And it wasn't even a loud sneeze. So yeah, why can babies sleep through the vacuum or fireworks or whatever, but then the door creaking open totally wakes them up?

Gifford Family said...

My kids have always been really sensitive to sound also. Fireworks shows are the greatest, I am always paranoid when it comes to the illegal ones, I am sure to be the one to get arrested with my luck! Or I would be the one to set the whole mountain on fire!

Jenny said...

poor sadie. it's good that you guys don't live here. we're back into firework season for the 24th. lots of loud noises every night.

the fireworks look like a lot of fun!

Norlund Clan said...

Looks like a lot of fun. By the way how do you get a list of friends that shows the updates?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...