Sunday, July 20, 2008

Em's Visit

When I was really little, I had two friends named Emily. One of the Emilys moved away in 1987, and I never heard from her again, until a few months ago!! She found me on Facebook, and we started getting caught up on the last 21 years. It has been so, so fun for me to get re-acquainted with her. She and her family took a road trip all the way from Iowa to Washington a few weeks ago, and they decided to stop in Idaho Falls to visit Em's old friend, Kar. Here are she and I:

Here's her youngest son, Soren:


Dylan, in his too-little jammies:


Emily's daughter, Shawna. She looks exactly like Emily used to look when she was that age:


Shawna was so funny. She took a turn holding Micah, and when she gave Micah back to me, she said, rapturously, "Oh, I cannot wait to be a mother!!" It was so cute. Ben took these pictures, and he didn't get individual shots of Em's other two kids, Shelby and Ryan, but you can see Shelby (in the red shirt) in this group shot:

Shelby is the friendliest little gal - she kept coming up to me and jumping into my arms to be snuggled. It was cute. It was so good to see Em again, and to meet her cute kids. Em's husband, Shawn, also isn't pictured - sorry, guys. I was busy trying to control my crazy, tired kids. I really want to take a trip to visit them someday, when we have some more fundage. :) Gas prices are AWESOME right now!!

6 comments:

Gifford Family said...

Finding a long lost friend, what a fun thing to have happen. By the way, thanks for helping me out with that blog list. I put it on my blog and it is awesome. No more having to check EVERYONES blogs to see if they have updated, just let the computer do it for me! Thanks!

Nat said...

Yay for Emily! I need to add her to my blog roll. Her blog is so stinking funny!

Anonymous said...

mI am so glad you got these up. They are still on my camera...I have not made up my mind on if I want to wait for mine to get rebuilt or if I should just take over Shawn's laptop.
I had so much fun. I could say I was sorry for dropping in on you so late but that would not be really the truth, now would it. :) The kids still talk about meeting you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the typo's Soren was pulling on my arm.

Plus. I have no idea why it looks like I am sticking my girls (boobies) out. they really are not usually that freindly.

Lynita said...

How awesome that you were able to reconnect! I love Dylans too small pjs! I would love to come visit you too if the whole economy wasn't doing just "Super" right now! LOL!

Jenny said...

hurray for the internet! it's great to reconnect with old friends. glad you were able to get together w/ one of yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...