Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nat's Birthday Barbecue

On Sunday, the day of Nat's actual birthday, we had a barbecue, then had Nat blow out the candles on her birthday brownies (their family gets caked out, since there are three of them with birthdays one week apart between each) and open presents. Me and Micah:

Ben took a picture of some beautiful evening clouds. There is nothing like sunset in Idaho in the summer:


Ben and Dylan had the BRILLIANT idea to go longboarding together, on the same longboard. The result:

This is how it looked a few hours later:


The guilty party, who escaped unscathed, of course:

Sadie, being wily:

Pops:

Mom:

Brock pooped in his underwear, so Pete sprayed his bare butt with cold hose water!! And then Brock had to clean out his underwear himself. Nat had brought a spare pair of pull-ups, so he hung out in them the rest of the night. I love how he's grabbing his butt in this picture:

Gramps is in the following picture. Right after I took the pic, he grumbled, "Twit...":

Gloria, Ben's mom, who has been visiting us this week:

Troy Boy (he and Brock get very flushed cheeks when it's warm):

Nat and Ivy - Nat is an expert at multitasking while bottle-feeding:

Jake, Brock, and Pete, watching Casper. I'm absolutely tickled to announce that Casper taught my son the word "bitch." He called Sadie a bitch the other day, and I said, alarmed, "Where did you hear THAT??" He goes, "Casper." I was like, "Nuh-uh. No way." As it turns out, the bad lady in that movie, when she turns into a ghost, announces, "The bitch is back." So. Happy that Dylan has added that word to his lexicon. Speaking of Casper, Ben's mom's maiden name is Casper. Just a fun fact for you:

Just Jake (kind of like "Just Jack" in Will and Grace. LOVE that show. That dude that plays Jack is hilarious):

Just Brock, pre-poop, with his flushed cheeks:

Poor Nat totally had a cough/cold on her birthday, along with a gimpy leg. Poor girl. Nice birthday presents from her body:

Mom and Dad realized they didn't have any candles, so they used long matches for Nat's brownies - Dad wrote the letter "N":

Pete was telling us that every picture he and his companions would take while on their mission was purposely mid-bite. He wanted me to give him a mid-bite shot:


Nat got a printer/copier/faxer from Mom and Dad:


Pete, ceremoniously passing his present to Nat for opening (he wanted a shot of that, too):




He got Nat So I Married an Axe Murderer, cult classic. I would love to have that for my own collection someday:


Love this girl:

2 comments:

Nat said...

YAY!! Thanks for posting about MMMMEEEE!!! Just kidding. Well, not about the "thanks". My b-day rocked, except for the sick part, and the knee part. My knee was feeling pretty good yesterday so I went out to weed; when I sat down my knee totally cramped up, and I started hacking up a lung again. It was awesome.

Lynita said...

Soooo funny! I love the way Brock got hosed off after pooping in his underwear, that is perfect! I am sorry about Dylans face, too bad he had to learn that lesson the hard way. :( I hope Nat had a fun B-day, sure sounds like it! By the way I hate the mid-bite shots almost as much as the mid-"What" shots. You know where someone calls your name so you turn to them saying, "What?" and they take a horrid picture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...