Monday, July 7, 2008

He's GOING THE DISTANCE!!

That's a line from a song by Cake, by the way: "He's GOING THE DISTANCE!! He's going for speed... He's all alone, ALL ALONE, ALL ALONE, in his time of need...":

That should bring back good memories for Nitz. :) The infamous Cake CD. Personal jokes aside, the prices at the pump are killing us:


I got that picture off April's Facebook profile. It's so true!! So, Ben has decided to ride a bike to and from work during the nice weather. He just got this one at Wal-Mart (nice and inexpensive):

Obviously, there are several months a year that he won't be able to ride his bike to work, but for now, why not? It's good for his health, good for the environment, and good for our wallet, so it works for me. Except now I can't call and ask him to get something for me at the store on his way home from work. :)

9 comments:

Nat said...

Kar, you can totally ask Ben to get something from the store! Just get a cute little basket for the front! :) And then you can also add those streamer things that come out of the handlebars, too.

cecily said...

too funny, my mom got a bike to ride to work too!

Gifford Family said...

Love your new family picture! I wish Dave could ride his bike to work but it would be awfully hard to carry the ladder he needs! (ha)

Unknown said...

Yeah Jer would have to leave an hour early to do that... but we did get a scooter to get him back and forth using less gas. how far is Ben riding?

Kar said...

Apes - not far. He works on Park and C street, in the old post office. It only takes him 15 minutes! Good for you guys for getting a scooter. I heard, on NPR today, that there is a dental office who have all decided to ride horses to work! Funny.

Gifford Family said...

In response...The 24th is pretty big in Utah...Pioneer day and all. It is not as big as the 4th but close. There is a parade down town, rodeos, etc. We usually do a BBQ (of course) and fireworks. We already have our fireworks, seeing as we couldn't do them on the 4th. You guys should come down and join us for a little food and fun!

Lynita said...

That is awesome, way to go Ben! Yes that CD will always remind me of your dad and his little trip to fill up your tank. Hee hee! I love the new family picture by the way, and you look incredible for just having had a baby! Oh yes I love the area on men's hip just above the swimsuit line by his abs, probably comes from my years on the swimteam, but it is so dang sexy!

Layton Mom said...

I love the new family pic! Such a cute family. My hubby can't ride his bike to work, darn. Wait he works at home. :) We also make up for what driving he does by walking to and from church and all church activities. Oh, those take place across the street. Gee, do I have it good or what?

J + A Humphreys said...

Yay for bikes. Justin rides his bike to work too. It has been so nice. We only live like 1-2 miles from his work, so it is a snap. Bonus for me too since we only have one car. I can actually like take the kids somewhere during the day...what a concept!

BTW - love your family picture. You look awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...