Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Biggest Pet Peeve



My sistah, Lex, was all innovative and started a tag - she wanted me to write what my biggest pet peeve is, then tag a bunch of people to do the same.

My biggest pet peeve... this is hard. I think what really, really gets under my skin is when I'm accused of doing something that I didn't do.

Example number one: my last year of teaching, some kid was mouthing off to me, and I said to him, "You won't get far in life with that attitude." Well, he told his mom that I said, "You are going to have a horrible life because of your attitude. You'll be a piece of white trash living with your pregnant girlfriend in a trailer." Yeah, quite a jump from "You won't get far in life with that attitude." And of course, his mom believed him instead of me. So whatever.

Example number two: Another mom came in to talk to me because she said that her son said that, when I taught, I sat on a table at the front of the class with a miniskirt on and didn't keep my legs crossed. I said, "Um, are you LDS?" She said yes. I said, "So am I. And I wear garments. Hence the impossibility of wearing a miniskirt. Even if I didn't keep my legs crossed, and I do, the kids would see nothing but white silky garments. Would you like me to show you that I wear garments??"

Yeah. Not sure I ever want to teach again. I didn't get paid enough for all the crap I had to put up with. :) The picture at the top of this post is dedicated to my mom - she LOVES Doris Day.

Alright. I hereby tag Nat, Beads, Arin, Autumn, Nitz, April, Abbie, and Pete.

5 comments:

Nat said...

Dude, I already did it, punk! Do you not check my blog? :(

Norlund Clan said...

I love reading your tags. They always make me laugh.

Lynita said...

Stupid people say stupid things! I love Doris Day too, she is hands down my favorite actress from that era!

Jenny said...

we're doris day fans, too! :)

Lynita said...

By the way, I posted a blog about my pet peeve, which felt like good therapy. Thanks for the tag on this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...