Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Boating

When Beads and Moose were up here a couple of weeks ago, a bunch of us went boating at Palisades Lake. It hadn't been six weeks since Micah's birth yet, so I decided to forego waterskiing and tubing until the next time we go. I spent most of the day on the beach, which was fine by me, but I did drive the boat for Ben while he wakeboarded one time. I'm really bad at driving the boat; poor Ben. He didn't get a very good wakeboarding experience. This is Greg, Moose's brother:


Micah:


My dad, literally holding down the fort (it was quite breezy that day):


The beach was really muddy, and Beads fell in it while unloading stuff from the boat to the shore:


Sadie:

Ben, making a sandwich:

Dylan went looking for cool rocks, and he brought this one back. He called it a "kidney stone," which made us giggle. Our family has been plagued with kidney stones this past year:

Beads and Moose:

On our way home, we stopped in Swan Valley for some square ice cream. They have these square ice cream scoopers at this gas station, and people get a kick out of it - they get, literally, thousands of visitors every year at this gas station. Here are Beads and Sadie:

Dylan fell asleep on our way home:


And here is Sadie, trying to pretend that she's asleep:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun. I love your new fanily picture, Your skirt is so cute. It was great seeing you and your family.

Nat said...

YAY for boating! Square ice cream, yum!

Layton Mom said...

SOunds like loads of fun. I think the last time I went boating I was under the age of 12. Sad I know!

Gifford Family said...

I love boating! I probably haven't been boating since the last time I went with Ben and Brandon on their boat! YIKES that was years ago.

anjie said...

MMMMMmm.. the square ice cream cones! It has been forever. I think I'm going to get some ice cream.

Jenny said...

ah man, square ice cream. haven't had that for years. yum.

it's fun seeing moose and greg on your blog. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...