Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"I'm Not Mommy" Day

Nat's birthday was Sunday, and on Saturday, she proposed that she and a few friends have an "I'm Not Mommy" Day - an entire day sans kids. Oh my gosh, it was awesome!! We met at my mommy's house and ate dessert, watched YouTube videos, and ate pizza. Then we went downstairs and watched Roxanne ("I thought you said, 'Earn more sessions by sleeving!'" "Why would I say that?" "I don't know! That's why I came back out!" - classic!!) while cardmaking/bowmaking/sitting there. Poor Nat twisted her knee the day before while getting out of her minivan - she is so embarrassed - she wishes she had a cool story behind the injury, but nope. Just getting out of her minivan:

Here's April:

Arin, making some bows. She does her daughter's hair sooooooo cute, and she always has bows that match her daughter's clothes. I need to buy some from her:

Me, with two of my parents' billion remotes. It took me forever to figure out their very complicated system:


Me, making a weird face while chatting:

Me, making cards:

Then we went to Mama Mia, which was so cute:

I've had Abba songs running through my head ever since. Pierce Brosnan really should steer clear of roles that require singing:

I felt embarrassed for him, and I wasn't the only one! I was sitting by Arin, and every time Pierce would sing, I would see her slowly put her hands on her cheeks, similar to "The Scream" by Edward Munch:

Meryl Streep has a decent voice, though she was a bit overdramatic in her arm movements - they were very theatrical. These movements would look good if she was onstage, but in a movie, they were a bit much. Her renditions of "The Winner Takes it All" and "Slipping Through My Fingers" brought leetle tears to my eyes:

I had fun figuring out where I had seen some of the other actors and actresses:

Obviously, Colin Firth, who is forever Mr. Darcy in my eyes (he played Mr. Darcy in the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice), was in it:

The third middle-aged man in it was Bootstrap Bill from Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3:

Meryl's tall friend was Jim Carrey's love interest in The Grinch:

And her short friend was Ron Weasley's mom in that movie... I can't remember the name... :) Just kidding:

And the main young girl played the ditzy girl from Mean Girls, the one who can tell from feeling her boobs if it's raining outside. She's on the far right in this photo:

This is one of my useless talents - recognizing people from other movies. And might I just say that my favorite Abba song is "Voulez-vous." Very catchy. I used to listen to my Abba CD a lot, but it got stolen, along with all my others, several years ago. Sigh. I really need to get an iPod.
After the movie, we went to Wingers (holla to Lexi, who used to waitress at Wingers in Cedar City), which was fabulous, of course:

Ah, what a wonderful, wonderful day. I might have to do something like that for my birthday next year.

4 comments:

lexykay said...

i would just like to say that i was sooo at this party. i'm just not cool enough to take picture of...

Lynita said...

I am so jealous! That sounds like the best birthday ever, Nat is so brilliant! I just saw Mama Mia last night with my friend and we loved it too! I am so with you, every time Pierce began to sing I was so uncomfortable! I mean he always plays these tough shallow guys, and he looks like he might die of a seizure mid-song! LOL! I have had Abba in my head since last night. I realize that even though Meryl Streep has a good voice what haunts me most is those overalls and the camel toe she was often rockin! Ugh!

anjie said...

Sounds fun. I can't imagine a day without my kids (as they are all in my bed while I type). The cards are cute. I have had creative blocks lately. I can't seem to get the creative juice to flow.

Nat said...

YAY for posting! We should totally do it again for your birthday, and April's, and Arin's...So much fun! I'm pretty good at picking people out of other movies, but this time I totally couldn't! I had to look the movie up on IMDB to find the people.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...