Friday, July 25, 2008

Wall-E


Nat and I decided to take our families to a movie, instead of fighting the I.F. Fourth of July Fireworks crowd on the evening of the fourth. We've decided to definitely make it a tradition - there were maybe four families in the theater, total! We watched Wall-E, which was so dang cute. Way to go, Pixar! Seven for seven! My kids were very tuckered out - they totally fell asleep during the last half of the movie. I took this picture during the final credits, while everyone was standing up and walking out of the theater. So funny. As a sidenote, there are some clips from Hello, Dolly! in Wall-E, and I'm embarrassed to say that, for all the millions of musicals I've seen, Hello, Dolly! isn't one of them! But I will soon see why it's such a favorite - we're going to Ben's family reunion in Yellowstone Park next weekend, and one of the nights, we're going to see it at a local playhouse.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow for a minute there I thought Ben had a long flowing goatee... whopps that's Sadies pony tail! :D

Kara & Levi said...

Have you seen Thoroughly Modern Milly??? Please tell me yes because that is the the best musical ever! Julie Andrew's BEST EVER!

deannah said...

what a brilliant idea. we may have to steal it in the future! btw, i haven't mentioned it yet but i really love your new family pic at the top of your blog!

Gifford Family said...

I have heard it is a great movie. I guess we should make the effort and go see it.

Lynita said...

So classic! When I went to see Armageddon for the second time, I totally passed out, drool and everything. My friends had to wake me up when it was over! LOL!

anjie said...

We have not been to the movie theater FOR-EV-ER! I can't even remember. I can't imagine trying to keep my kids from ruining the movie for the rest of the crowd. Good idea to go during the firework.

Jenny said...

we skipped the fireworks, too. but we just put the kids to bed. :) the movie sounds like fun.

Nat said...

Ah yes, our new tradition!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...