Wednesday, October 7, 2009

As you already know...

Sadie has been in school for a month. This is my belated picture of her first day. Doesn't she look cute?:


I found out Bat's (Sadie's boyfriend's) real name the other day - William. I went to pick up Sadie at school on Monday, and I saw that William wasn't there. Sadie was playing next to a cute little blonde girl. When Sade saw me, she ran up and said, "That is my new best friend!!" I said, "What's her name?" "Ummmm.... Bat." Everyone is Bat, apparently. Her teacher, Marta, overheard our conversation and informed me that the girl's name was Brynn. (Cute name.) I said to Sadie, "I thought William was your best friend!" Sade shook her head matter-of-factly and went back to the floor to continue playing with Brynn. Marta said, "Yeah, I think William is a little too touchy-feely for Sadie. I think she gets sick of him." I laughed. I hated touchy-feely guys in school, too. I just wasn't faced with them until high school. :) Sadie's getting early touchy-feely guy exposure.

5 comments:

Nat said...

That picture of her is so full of sass! And Brynn was one of the names I thought of for Ivy, but Pete didn't like it. That's funny that everyone is "Bat"

Patty said...

She knows to run away from touchy0feely boys. Good for her!
She looks oh so excited for her first day of school.

Mindy H. said...

She is so cute! And I think I might follow her lead next year and just call all 130 of my 7th graders "bat". That sounds much simplier than trying to learn their names.

Soozee Carmichael said...

I agree with Nat, I love the sass! I think I am going to start naming everyone bat, or maybe Mit, that could be fun...

Anonymous said...

How sad, her first "boyfriend" is already out of the picture! LOL!! I LOVE that picture of Sadie! She looks so happy:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...