Monday, October 19, 2009

Mees Amerrrrrica! SPEECH! SPEECH!!


Ten points to whomever guesses what movie my title is from. I'm going to start keeping track of points. And let you know who is weeeeening. "Eets a rrrace! I am weening!!" Another ten points to whomever guesses that movie. See? Reading blogs is fun!!

So........ I took Sadie in for her first session of speech therapy a few weeks ago, and when she got there, her new therapist did some little tests to see kind of where she was in her speech, and the therapist came out and excitedly told me that Sadie is all caught up! She says all the sounds she should be saying!! The therapist showed me this chart, with sounds and at what age children should be making each of these sounds. Sadie still doesn't have her r's terribly well, or her l's, but according to the chart, she would only be trouble if she was seven years old and couldn't make those sounds! So we just watch and wait and see if she falls behind. If she falls back behind, we can put her back into therapy. She actually graduated from speech therapy! Therapy works! Who knew??

9 comments:

Emily Empey said...

WAY TO GO SADIE LADY!! missed her yesterday!!

Unknown said...

second quote : Rowan Atkinson in "Rat Race" :)

Unknown said...

So Cool that She is all done! Lots of hard work really pays off! :)

Kar said...

Ten points for April!!

Nat said...

Please. "West Side Story", when Maria feels pretty, oh so pretty.

Congrats to Sade for passing! Ivy still doesn't say "mama" or "dada"; if she's not by 2 I'll probably be giving you a call about the whole speech therapy thing, since you know all the ins and outs now.

lexykay said...

ppssshhhh challenge me kar - the first one is west side story. the second quote is rat race... i bet your sisters will win this contest because we all watched the same movies! anyways, congrats to sadie sue! horray for therapy

Patty said...

I think Sadie should have a donut pawty to celebwate! I'll come!

Carrie said...

Awesome! I am hoping for a speech graduation sometime in our future. Cara has been going sense she was 18 months old. The fact that Sadie tested out gives me hope. Cara is currently going three days a week. That is a lot of driving.

Mindy H. said...

Congrats to Sadie and to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...