Thursday, October 15, 2009

Suuuuuuuuuuurgery?


Have you ever seen The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack? Another of my all-time favorite Cartoon Network shows. One of the characters on it is named Doctor Barber. He cuts hair and performs surgery. He's really creepy, always following people around, asking if they want surgery: "Suuuuuuuuuuurgery? Suuuuuuuuuurgery???"

Nat, my sis, just had surgery yesterday - nothing emergency, but something that needed to be done. And she is recovering well. The anesthetic made her pretty nauseated, but when it wore off, she felt a little better. She is experiencing a little bit of pain, but she's got some good drugs helping her out.

Anywho, tonight, I was rubbing Dylan's sinuses. He is sick (so am I - which is why I haven't been able to visit Nat in the hospital - phone calls only) and he was complaining that his face felt like it was going to explode. So I did the sinus rub tonight instead of the normal tickling of the face that he prefers. My old roomie, Carrie, showed me the sinus rub in college when I was sick, and it has been so helpful to me and my family throughout the last 14 years or so. (Thanks, Care.)

So while I was massaging Dylan's sinuses, this conversation ensued:

Dylan: Is Grandma coming over tonight?
Me: Nope.
Dylan: When are we going to see her again?
Me: Probably in a few days. She's been really busy watching Nat's kids.
Dylan: Why?
Me: Nat had surgery.
Dylan [after a pause]: Now we have two Surgery Aunts.

He was referring to Aunt Lex's knee surgery in June. I think that's so funny. Nat and Lex are the "Surgery Aunts." I wonder what aunt Beads is. Or what aunt I am to Nat's kids - the Tired, Greasy Aunt? The Yelling At Her Kids Aunt? :)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

wow. poor natalie. hope she feels better soon. i'm glad your mom is there to help her.

and i hope you feel better soon. it seems like everyone is sick. i'm fighting something off . . . hope i beat it. :)

Anonymous said...

Poor Nat, but that would be awesome to never have a period again!! Although, I'm not ready for that since I only have 2 kids and want more! LOL I'm glad to hear she's doing ok. I hope the days go by fast for her!

That's funny that Dyl called Lex and Nat the surgery aunts:) I hope you guys get feeling better soon! I should have you teach me the sinus massage! Mark gets really bad sinus' during the winter!

Gifford Family said...

My sister just had a partial also. I hope nat is doing well. In comment to your comment... (ha) Erin is SPD. She had so many problems as a baby because of it, she is still struggling with it. She can't focus at school because the lights are too bright, the fan is blowing on her, the kid next to her stinks.... We are going to an OT because of it.

Patty said...

You are so hard on yourself. "Yelling at her kids Aunt." No way! You're probably the cool- dancer- fun- aunt.

Darling Details said...

Give natalie a hug from us when you're feeling better. I wish we were closer to help out more. (you are the fun camera flashing auntie!)

idasale said...

Hope Nat feels better soon! I know what it is like to deal with surgery and kids and that is rough!!!
And with my husbands family I am the grouchy Aunt I am sure of it cause the only time I see any of them I have been pregnant or just had a baby!(Pretty much cause that has been my whole life for the last 5 years LOL)
The Pumpkin patch is out on 97th if you take Woodruff out towards the country club there are signs on the way to direct you, there is also one across the street from the zoo on Rollendet that I heard was really good too! We just went and had fun playing we didn't even buy any pumpkins, felt kinda bad but not enough to buy one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...