Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pears

A few weeks ago, Nat, Mom, and I canned pears. Nat and I were in and out all day, because we had to take different kids to different stuff, but then we got a good, steady rhythm going that evening, and we finished up about nine that night. I took a few pics, of course. :)

Ivy, playing with a doll from my mom's "grandma room":

My mom got the kids doughnuts to eat for breakfast that morning, which made Sadie's day:


Brock:


My mom, measuring sugar into bottles:


Nat, peeling:


Thanks for guiding us, Mom, in our pear-canning quest. Now we have lots of pear yumminess in our basement to eat for the next little while. Canned pears is my kids' favorite.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I need to get into the whole canning thing! I have TONS of pinto beans that need to be canned!! UGH! Do you know how to can those? It's like everyone I walk to has never canned beans, but says they've heard it's hard. *SIGH*

Patty said...

Canned pears are my favorite too! Kerri Jo was telling me she is canning apple pie filling! I want that recipe!

Nat said...

I loved our finger jam. And canned pears with cottage cheese is one of my favorite things. YUM!

Gifford Family said...

Mmmm Yummy! I wish I lived close to you guys. I need someone to fill my pantry with homemade goodies.... It won't be coming from me! Ha.

Amy said...

How awesome to have a great mom and sister to do your canning with! Even more awesome that you actually did it. Way to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...