Saturday, October 24, 2009

Tart Tins and Buttons

Ever since Sadie was teeny, she has loved to organize things. As a one-year-old, her favorite toys were cereal bowls. She would stack them, and unstack them, and put things in them, and move them around, and take things out of them, etc.

When I was cleaning my mom's kitchen a few weeks ago, I unearthed some tart tins that she has never used. I was going to put them in a D.I. bag for her (I didn't offer to take them off her hands - like I have time to make tarts), but she suggested that I take them home for Sadie to play with. They're a hit. I give her my big bag-o-buttons and the tart tins, and she goes to town:

Organizing things is thoroughly satisfying, huh, Sade?

6 comments:

Gifford Family said...

A girl after my own heart!

lexykay said...

hahaha i love watching our weird family ocd habits continue through the generations!

The Dillons said...

Thats awesome, good for Sadie! Sounds like fun

Mindy H. said...

What a neat idea! I love orgainizing things too, but I also love to sleep and I usually don't have time to do both, and sleeping usually wins out.

And I loved the photo of Dylan helping with the pie. I know what you mean about the "help" not being a lot of help, but the little folks sure do enjoy trying to do their part. You are training them well :)

Nat said...

She's such a cutie! And I do the same thing: organize something, reorganize it, then do it again.

J + A Humphreys said...

I love organizing. Waht a fun idea for kids. I did lots of stuff like that when I was a kid too and I am a very organized adult, so maybe she will be too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...