Saturday, October 17, 2009

I Don't Care


Dylie is so funny. Whenever he argues with someone and the person argues back, he says the weirdest thing: "It doesn't care." He says "It doesn't care" instead of "I don't care." For instance:

Me: You need to put shoes on before you go outside to play.
Dylan: But I don't want to.
Me: You'll get your socks all gross.
Dylan: It doesn't care.

For awhile, I wondered where the heck he came up with using "it" instead of "I," and then I realized that his phrase is a mixture between "I don't care" and "It doesn't matter."

Ben says it reminds him of the famous line from Silence of the Lambs: "It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again." I've never seen that movie and I sure don't want to. :)

2 comments:

Patty said...

I like to think of "It doesn't care" like this:
"You're going to get your socks dirty."
"It doesn't care" as in The sock doesn't care if it gets dirty.

Your way makes more sense. Mine is more...______.

Nat said...

I love how little kids combine ideas together. So cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...