Friday, October 9, 2009

Willy Wonka

During the Sunday afternoon session of conference, I decided to listen while scanning some old photos onto my hard drive. It really helped me to stay awake; I slept through all the other sessions, and I feel bad about it. I try so hard to stay awake, but the apostles' voices are so soooooooooothing. And any time I sit down, I fall asleep, really, so it's to be expected.

Anywho, I was scanning photos from fall of 2004, when Dylan was Micah's age. I scanned this one, of Dylan and I in Bryce Canyon:





Dylan saw the image on my computer screen and said, "Mom, you had Willy Wonka hair back then."

I guess he has a point:



In my mind's eye, my hair looked like this:






Really cute. But in reality, not so cute. My hair back then reminds me of Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (minus the bangs):






I think the cut also made my face look fatter. Of course, I was like 30 pounds fatter then than I am now, so that makes a difference. Want to see how fat I was?:



Yep. Chubba wubba. This is why I jog six days a week, folks. I really don't want to go back to that. I must be delusional. I thought my hair looked cute, like the picture above. And at the time, I thought my body looked like this size:


But it was really this size:


Of course, my body then also had a lot to do with the fact that I had thyroid disease and didn't know it. I really need to get my thyroid checked again. It's been a year, and I think my thyroid has a lot to do with the fact that I fall asleep whenever I sit down. :)

6 comments:

The Dillons said...

You are a goof Karlenn! I look feel like a huge fatty right now. You do look good, I hate thyroid problems. I never have seen Ben with hair, that was crazy!

Mindy H. said...

I laughed so hard I think my neighbors across the street heard me! You are so stinkin' cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You look totally different!! Dylan was so cute at that age... LOL He's still a cutie though:) As I was scrolling to the end of your blog and passed those family pictures of you guys, I thought "I wonder who came to visit them." LOL You guys look totally different!! Way to go in losing weight, Kar!! I think you look great now!

Nat said...

Wow, 5 years makes such a difference! You and Ben look way different. I love the Willy Wonka comparison.

Emily Empey said...

hahahahahahahahahaha You are a silly goose! You look great! and I think you looked cute in those pics!! Good job on jogging! can you motivate me!!!! PLEASE i sooooooooooooooooooooo need t olose weight! I have gained 60 pounds since i got married! DIIIIIIsGUSTING!

Nyline said...

i remember when you lived in california and i thought you looked great then. now i think you look absolutely stunning. keep up the good work with running. i am wishing i could run. i was going to the gym 3 months ago and lost 20lbs in 1 month from running...then i got pregnant. i have lost more weight due to morning sickness and meat aversions but, i still have a long way to go and i know i am going to gain weight with the pregnancy. i started at the gym again but, when you are pregnant, you aren't supposed to let your heart rate get above 140. so i don't get that good of a workout so, i am going to live vicariously through you. love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...