Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bad Appliance Karma

Is a vacuum even considered an appliance? Hmmm. If it is, we could add our two-year-old vacuum to the list of appliances that have died on us since we moved into our house: 1) dishwasher, 2) fridge, 3) microwave, 4) clothes dryer. If a vacuum is an appliance, it's our fifth to die in two years.

Here was our lovely vacuum, my first bagless:

Once you go bagless, you never go back. That's my motto. I was in love with it. It sucked so nicely. But it kicked the bucket a few weeks ago.
I was hoping that our old vacuum could resume its duties:


Look at how dusty it is. I resigned myself to the fact that I would have to buy vacuum bags again. But when I attempted to vacuum my living room, I noticed that it wasn't sucking things up very well. Ben checked it out and discovered that the brush wheel thing doesn't rotate anymore. Sweet.
So we bit the bullet and got a new bagless:


And I am in love once again. The old blue vacuum isn't a total loss, though. We have discovered that it works really well on hard surfaces. Vacuums with working brushes just kind of flick the specs of dirt and debris around. Vacuums whose brushes have been removed by handy husbands suck debris off of hard surfaces quite nicely. So it's still fulfilling the measure of its creation.

3 comments:

Nat said...

Dude, that sucks! (Pun intended.) Our old vaccuum broke-well, the kids broke it. And my new one is...okay. Well, new a year or so ago. But I agree-once you go bagless, you'll never go back!

Amy said...

OOhhhh- fancy new vacuum! I'm dreaming of a Dyson.... someday. Of course if I had put all the money together that I spent on all the other ones I have bought through my marriage I could have bought at least one Dyson. I just don't ever have that much money all at once- for a vacuum!

Anonymous said...

That's my vacuum!! I LOVE it!! The best thing about it is the sucking power!! I also love that you don't have to buy bags and that you can clean the filters when they get clogged or dirty. That's Marks unofficial job... HEHe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...