Monday, October 26, 2009

What do we do? We swim, swim.

Ten points to whomever guesses the movie from my post title!

Our family likes to swim. I feel like I'm always posting pictures from us going swimming. :) Lex came home for the weekend a few weeks ago, and we went up to Green Canyon to swim. I haven't been to Green Canyon in years. It's a good pool for little kids, because the shallow part is really big.

These are probably the worst pictures I've ever taken. I wasn't being very careful about using the flash. I just kind of wanted to take pictures and then get the heck into the pool. :)

Sadie:


Dylan:


Micah isn't a big fan of swimming:

We decided to eat lunch right there at Green Canyon. It took awhile to get our food, but it's all good. Lex and Eric passed the time by playing Bloody Knuckles:

Green Canyon has all of this old porch furniture from the sixties. You can sit there comfortably and watch the swimmers:


My dad told me that, when he was a boy, his scouting troop used to travel to Green Canyon to swim. The people that owned Green Canyon let his troop spend the night there and sleep on those couch thingeys. That's how old they are!!
My favorite memory from Green Canyon is this old trapeze thing they used to have. It was so high up, and it was above the deep end. We would spend hours concocting ways to get up on that trapeze. And then it was like King of the Mountain, with people trying to knock each other off the trapeze. I loved it. They took it down, I guess, which is sad.
Slides:

8 comments:

Emily Empey said...

FINDING NEMO

Nat said...

Kar, you need to make your lines more discreet. Dori on "Finding Nemo".

That was way fun; did I end up giving you my pics from that trip? I just can't remember. Not that I had any that were super awesome, though.

Patty said...

Finding Nemo... and I swear I knew that before reading everyone elses. Do I get to be on the board now?
PS- LOVE that picture of Ms. Sades

lexykay said...

finding nemo. just keep swimming swimming swimming

Soozee Carmichael said...

NEMO...I know that movie all too well. Love the first pic of Sadie!!

Mindy H. said...

Green Canyon rocks! We used to go there when I was a younin', and then I went again with roomates when I was at Ricks. It is a fun place. And can I say how jealous I am of all of your swimming adventures? I need to find an indoor pool around here before I go through complete chlorine withdrawals.

The Dillons said...

I bet everyone got the title but Finding Nemo. I always do that Woods and used to with my niece Taya. Anyway Green Canyon is fun

J + A Humphreys said...

That looks like so much fun! My kids love to swim. We went to an indoor place in Ohio a few times. Perfect winter activity. And seriously, I need one of those couches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...