Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bat, Part 2



So Sadie has a little boyfriend. It is soooooo cute. He waits just inside the classroom door for her every day at preschool, and then when we come in, he jumps up and down and says, "There you are, Sadie!! I waited for you!!" And then they hold hands and run over to start playing with the toys. He's like a head shorter than her (get used to that, Sade. Story of my life, and I think it will be the story of your life, too) and has tons of hair on that little head of his.

The other day, when I went to pick Sade up, they were playing a game on the playtime rug with the teacher. They had to lie down on their tummies, and then when she said an animal, they would jump up and start acting like that animal. And then she would say, "Lie down!" And they would lie down quickly until she said a new animal. Anyways, every time the kids lay down, the little boy would make sure he was right next to Sadie, and he'd put his arm around her. It was adorable.

I asked Sadie what her friend's name was, and she said, "Bat." Why is everyone "Bat" these days? Oh, by the way, Sadie hasn't discussed her imaginary friend, "Bat," for a couple of weeks now. I'm glad it was an anomaly. I didn't feel like dealing with a sadistic imaginary friend.

2 comments:

Nat said...

So cute, the little boyfriend! Jakob has a couple of friends that are girls-I don't know if he likes them or if they like him, or if they're just friends. But it's still very cute.

Amy said...

Why do they have to grow up so fast? Erin says she has a "boyfriend"- who doesn't even know that she likes him. I guess it's better that way. Can't she wait until she is 18 or something??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...