Thursday, October 22, 2009

Play Date

We went over to my friend Megan's house a few weeks ago for a play date. Ben thinks the term "play date" is funny. Whatev. Megan is an amazing photographer - you can take a look at her handiwork HERE. She takes my family's professional pictures - I won't go to anyone else. :) She also takes gorgeous snapshots - she is a picture-aholic, like me. She took some really great pictures from that day.

I can tell Jonas is really wanting a baby in his family. He kept following Micah around and hugging him. Micah wasn't sure how he felt about that:

Micah loves playing with balls, and Jonas wanted to play with Micah, so I suggested that Jonas and Micah roll a ball back and forth. Of course, Sadie and Brynnan wanted in on the action, too. Micah freaked out if I left him, so I had to sit there behind him:


I like this picture of me, even though I didn't have any makeup on that day, because you can actually see the real color of my eyes. In most pictures, my eyes end up looking brown, but really, they're green:

Jonas actually took the above picture. I can see another future photographer in that family. :)
Megan has this little plum tree that is perfect for climbing. Dyl:

Sade:


Sadie loves Jonas's little driving toy that you push around with her legs. She is wayyyy too big for it:


A beautiful pic of Micah:


Dylan gets into everything. You really have to stay on your toes with him. He just helps himself to whatever. He kept getting things out of Megan's garage. At one point, he brought out a pooper-scooper and was pretending it was a gun:


That is one fancy pooper-scooper. I never had one like that when I had dogs - I just turned plastic bags inside-out and picked up poo that way. This way would have been much nicer. Feeling poop, even with a bag guarding your hand, is really quite gross.
We had a ball, Megs. Let me know when you want to have our ornament-making playdate!! Woot-woot!!

6 comments:

Patty said...

Those pictures are spectacular. My favroite is the one of Sadie in the tree. Very fall. You should get a print of that one.

Carrie said...

Those are awesome pictures of your kids. You couldn't have planned for better pictures. Sometimes it is just the spontaneous that are best!

The Dillons said...

Those are great pictures! Karlenn you look great! So I finally see that Sadie looks like you! In the picture where you can see your real eye color I can totally see it! And I agree with Patty about the tree picture!

Mindy H. said...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos of your beautiful family enjoying such a beautiful day. That is what the world needs...more focus on the beautiful things. And more nifty pooper-scoopers. That thing rocks!

Nat said...

What a fun play date! I never do play dates; I suck!

Anonymous said...

Next time we'll have Nat come too:) Jonas talks about Dylan all the time randomly. It's so funny! We had a lot of fun too! I'm glad we did it. I think that was one of the last really nice days before it started getting too cold outside. I wish fall would last longer and not start being wintery cold until like Dec!!:P We definitely need to get together again sometime....:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...