Tuesday, October 27, 2009

One Very Cheesy Lady

I invited Nat and my mom to go to General Relief Society Conference last month (boy, am I behind in posting...) at my stake center. I brought my camera, which seems weird, but seriously, every time I don't bring my camera with me, I end up regretting it. Whenever I bring my camera, I am always glad I did.

So here we are, eating dinner in the cultural hall before the broadcast. Mom:

Autumn, who is in my ward:


Tammy, who is in my ward, and her stepmom:


Patster and Natster:


And I've just got to tell you about our Stake Relief Society President. She is an older lady, and she is just soooooooooo happy. And a little cheesy. She spoke to us a little bit before we ate, and she kept referring to us as "special angels," "darling sisters," etc. She was really sincere, but I was having a hard time with the cheesiness. I've never been called an angel before. Or a dream. She called us "dreams" a few times - "Okay, my dreams! It's about time to go into the chapel for the broadcast!"

After we ate, we went into the chapel for the broadcast, and it was alright. After the broadcast, Patty and I went back into the cultural hall to get my bowl (I had signed up to bring muffins), and the Cheesy Lady was right there. She chirped, "My sweet loves, stay right there! We have extra muffins for you to take home to your darling children and loving husbands!!!" And then she rushed off to the kitchen to get us some extra muffins. Patty and I looked at each other for about one second and then booked it to the exit! We had to escape the cheesiness. So we ran for it.

She is a really nice lady; I'm just really uncomfortable with that amount of cheesiness in my vicinity. :)

6 comments:

Soozee Carmichael said...

WOW, and I thought I had some really cheesy lines, but that lady takes the cake!

Anonymous said...

LOL She was kinda cheesy, but I wasn't there for the dinner so you'd know better! I just don't understand people that talk like that. It's wierd!

Amy said...

I am so behind on posting too!! I am with you- I can only handle so much cheesy before I would run too. Fun that you went with your mom and sis though :)

Patty said...

Pepperjack, Mozarella, Sharp Cheddar, Provolone, Bleu, Havarti.
No matter how you slice it... she was CHEESE CENTRAL!

J + A Humphreys said...

hahaha! Oh my gosh, that is so funny. People like make me a bit nutty. I need a little bit of rude/real, ya know? :) What about the perma-smile, head bobber, the whole world is wonderful-ers? Nutty. Fun night with your mom and sister though. :)

idasale said...

All I can say is I was there and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I can't stop laughing right now! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...