Friday, July 10, 2009

Beads Was Here!

I haven't seen my sister, Beads, in a year. She and her hubby, Spencer, came over from Buffalo last week. I was ecstatic!!:

Hm. We kind of look alike. I never realized it until this trip. Spencer said he once almost spanked my butt when I was turned around and he thought it was Beads. Hahaha! So yeah, there are a lot of similarities, except for she's tanner. And skinnier. And has whiter teeth. :)

We ate leftover pulled chicken from mom's hoedown party two days earlier. Yummmm.

Here's Micah, crying, as usual:

The kid is driving me crazy.

Poor Daisy was having a sedative hangover:

People start shooting off fireworks long before the actual fourth of July, and the noise makes her crazy. Mom has to give her sedatives. Daisy was still kind of...wobbly that evening from some night-before drugs. Maybe I should borrow Daisy's sedatives to give to Micah. Seriously. He is a screaming banshee. I wonder if he's cutting some more teeth.

After we ate, we played croquet:

Dad has been wanting a croquet set for awhile, and it was so much fun! While playing, I felt like I was in a Jane Austen book.
Poor Lex had to stay inside with her leg up. I felt badly for her and visited her every now and then:

We played a good game of Aggravation for awhile. That is her ultimate favorite game. She beats me every time. She tried to hang out on the porch at one point, but little neices and nephews kept bumping her knee, so she had to retreat back inside. Ouch. Poor girl.

And then we cooked S'mores over my parents' new barbecue pit thingey. Here is Nat, enjoying hers:

Our cousins came over for the S'more part. They were in town, visiting my aunt and uncle. Here is Kortney:

And Kallie:


Poor Kallie is pregnant. I feel sorry for anyone who is pregnant, because it's not pleasant. And Kallie carries her babies really far out. She is amazing to have had more than one kid! I would have been done with one, if I was her!
It was so fun to sit and talk with the cousins. We're all usually so busy with our crazy kids during family reunions; it's hard to sit and talk. But our kids were behaving themselves (except for Micah, whom we put to bed), so we caught up, and it was awesome.

I need to mention here that Kortney's and Kallie's kids are so cute. Ben was the photographer that evening, and unfortunately, he didn't get many shots of Kallie's kids. But he got some shots of Kort's kids. They look like little elves. Here's elfin Jaedan:

And elfin Gavin:


Ben is kind of sporadic in his picture-taking, so elfin Morgan and elfin Kyler didn't get pictures. And neither of Kallie's kids did, either. Sorry, girls. He takes better pictures than me, but he's not very thorough.
A slideshow for blognapping purposes:








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I wish my family would be able to come visit us!!

Kort said...

Kar!!! This is so great...love your comment about how my kids look like little elves! LoL! It was so much fun to catch up with you guys and see your adorable family...next time we need to do a ladies lunch. Jaedan went home, drew pictures, and wrote about how much fun he had with his 2nd cousins! They had a great time too! Love you guys so much!

Nat said...

Could I be making a WEIRDER face eating my smore?!?!? Yikes. Bikes. I'll have to steal the pics from your little slide show.

Lynita said...

So fun! I feel bad that Lex is still laid up! Man I know how you feel about Micah, Ethan has been giving me hell this whole trip. He screams and yells and cries over anything, and he is 3. I am so ready to go home, our plane leaves tomorrow! Although I really miss California and I hope we might move back. I just got homesick for CA thinking about leaving. I think I miss my family a lot and mostly I hate living so far from them, oh well.

Beej said...

I felt bad for Lex. I think she kept over-doing it that week and it was kicking her butt. Poor girl.

I think that it is really funny that Spence almost hit your butt. I would have died laughing if he had actually done it! It's awesome!!

And I think that YOU are skinnier with prettier eyes and a bigger smile and better skin. So there.

The BBQ was tons of fun and it was nice to see our cute cousins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...