Thursday, July 16, 2009

Da Pool



What I love so much about my family is that, when we all get together, we go do stuff. We don't sit around. Except for on the steps at a pool:

And thank goodness my dad helps us pay to do stuff. I've often said that we wouldn't do anything fun if it wasn't for dad. Here's Ben:



So this was still the week before the 4th of July. We went to Heise to swim for the day. It was sooooooo much fun.


Especially the water slide. I would have been content to ride that thing over and over again! When Dylan first rode it, he came running up to me (and the lifeguard blew her whistle at him and told him to walk): "Oh my GOSH!!! That was AMAZING! I'm totally TRIPPING!" I'm guessing he learned that term - "tripping" - at school or on TV, because I don't use it.


The water was the perfect temperature, and it felt so good, because it was a pretty balmy day.

We had such good help with our kids. Beads and Sadie:




It's important to have a good kid-to-adult ratio when going swimming, I've learned. Spence and Ivy:



Lex got in the pool a couple of times, and either Mom or Dad had to stay by her legs to make sure that nobody bumped her knee:



At one point, Dad said that he was Cherubim and a Flaming Sword, guarding the Knee of Life. I thought that was pretty funny.


I was hanging out with Lexi at one point, and some girl who was, like, 15, kept throwing her little diving thing right under Lex, diving to get it, and then popping up and almost toppling Lex. She did this over and over. We were really annoyed. Um, there is a whole entire POOL for her to do her little diving exercises. Why was she throwing her little thing underneath us all the time? There are many weird people in this world.


I brought this little floaty for Micah:



But Micah was hating the pool:



And I'm glad it worked for Brock. Nat's kids are so lightweight. Mine are really dense and heavy.


This is my favorite picture from the day - Ivy drinking her sippy cup in ecstasy:



It was a blast. Thanks, pops.

6 comments:

Nat said...

Let's see, there were 7 kids, and what, 8 able-bodied adults? Yes, a very good ratio! Thanks for taking, and putting up, pics. I'm totally stealing them!

Amy said...

Swimming is our favorite summertime activity. It's too hot to do much else outside!

Angela said...

Ok- I caught up on your posts! Looks like you are having a fun summer! You look great in the picture at the drive in and that picture with Beads. What is ironport? Never heard of it. Love the memories of the drive in. Remeber when we made those boxes into cars and had our own drive in with Brant and Jeremy? And before our senior year- we watched the Lion King at the drive-in. My memory is going so I just remember snipits. I love reading your posts and sorry I don't comment more- this new little one plus Sophie keeps me busy!

Lynita said...

I love doing fun stuff too, what I usually lack is Da Money! It is good that your dad is able to help you all do fun stuff, it definately is money well spent!

Lynita said...

Is it my imagination or does Beads look a lot like your mom when she was young? I could be wrong, because I have only seen a couple of pix of your mom!

Beej said...

So when you wrote "Thanks Pops" i had to finish with "She's the gal for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." Yay for 7 Brides for 7 Brothers.

I think it is hilarious that Dylan said Tripping. I laughed so hard.

And yes Lynita. I look a lot like my mom. Probably more than the rest of the girls.

And Kar, I am totally stealing all of your pictures from our visit because we were too busy to take pictures. I will also be taking Mindy's and Nat's and Lexi's and Jenny's and Becky's and anyone else's that I can get my hands on. Sorry if you see a lot of repeat pictures. But my blog is my journal/scrapbook. So SORRY! (like in the game!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...