Sunday, July 5, 2009

Father's Day, Part 2

My grandpa had a Father's Day barbecue last year, and when I asked him if he was doing it again this year, he wasn't planning on it. But at the last minute, he changed his mind and had us all come over. Unfortunately, it was rainy and windy outside, so all of us stuffed into his little house. Poor guy - I'm sure he was really overwhelmed. Micah was Mr. Shriek, so we left a little early, because I was so embarrassed. Micah is going through a difficult stage right now. Sigh.

I obviously took my camera, because I'm a picture freak.

My grandpa makes the yummiest homemade ice cream. It's sooo good. Here are two of my cousins, Jaime and J.C., enjoying the fruit of Grandpa's labor:

They're spazzy, just like their dad, my uncle Kurt:

Jake, my nephew, is also spazzy:

He always poses so funny for pictures. I love it.
Another funny nephew, Troy:

Troy cracks me up, because lately, he talks about himself in the third person - "Troy is hungry." "We're going back to Troy's house." I love it.
Here's the lamest picture I have ever taken:

That's my grandpa, trying to hastily retract his retractable awning in the face of gale-force winds. Wait a minute. That is definitely my butt. Okay. So Ben can take credit for that lame picture. I was busy cleaning up pasta salad from the deck, also in the face of gale-force winds.
And look!:

Yes, Sadie has teeth!! The girl never, ever shows her teeth when she smiles, so I had to document this important moment.
Look at Dad's shirt:


It says, "I hiked Mary's." Lexi made him and herself matching shirts that say that as a Father's Day gift. It marks the time this last winter when they hiked to the top of Mary's...um...Nipple... and skied it. Sorry. I have a hard time saying that word. You may recall that I call it Mary's Mammary Gland. Much easier for me to say. Anyways, I thought that t-shirt was a nice Father's Day gift.

Here's a slide show of the other pictures Ben took that day:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...