Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pedis

My dad generously offered to pay for all of us to get pedicures a couple of weeks ago. Ahhhh. My favorite part was the seats, which massage you while your tootsies are being prettied up:

I didn't want to mess with their settings, so I just let the massager do its thing. Mom was all about messing with the settings:

Here are our pedicure people in action:

They were really nice. They let us pick the colors we wanted (I once had a lady abruptly tell me that the color I had chosen was "ugly," and that I needed to have red toenails. Rude!).
Mom and Lex:

Right after this picture, Mom was moving Lex around in her wheelchair, and she bonked Lexi's leg on the wall. It reminded me of that movie, the Naked Gun, where the Leslie Nielsen character is supposed to be taking care of the O.J. Simpson character, who is in a wheelchair, and O.J.'s character ends up going down several stadium steps and falling over the edge of the stadium to the field below.
There weren't enough seats for us all to go at the same time, so Nat and I hung out with our little feet under the dryer light thingey while the other three got their pedis. They had a bowl of tootsie rolls there, and Nat took a picture of a tootsie with her tootsies:

They had all of these little display thingeys, showing all of the different nail designs they could do, and Nat and I had fun picking our favorite nail design on each board. When the other three got done and were sitting under the dryer thingey, they also picked their faves:

Here's all of us when we're done:

I am the Jolly Green Giant compared to the rest of them. :) I'm a large lady. L.L. That's what they call me.
Our finished products:


We all wanted festive nails for the fourth of July. I think we all have pretty dang cute feet. Guess whose feet are whose. :) And my sisters can't guess, because they already know.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ummm your moms are th red toenails, nats are the super pale ones (sorry Nat you are as white if a white girl as I am!)... Lex is next to your mom an the top, yours are the bottom and Beeds is the other side of nats ... did that make ANY sense? lol oh well... it's a shot in the dark!

Nat said...

Apes, I think you got it right. I really am a pasty person. P.P. That's what I should be called. And Kar, you really are WAY taller than the rest of us in that picture! Crazy. But you don't seem way taller...hmm. Yes, good times, good times. We'll have to go again sometime.

Mindy H. said...

Don't fight the tallness, Kar. Embrace it. Love the tallness. Become one with the height.

I am lovin' the tootsies. What a fun way to spend an afternoon. Where do you go to get your pedis? Inquiring minds and stubby toes want to know!

Lynita said...

Well I was going to guess, but I got distracted by an unexpected desire to get a pedicure! I painted Kaitlyn's and my neice Sonia's fingers and toes for the fourth too, so fun! Nat it is okay to be a P.P., the world needs variety!

Beej said...

Kar you are NOT a large lady. You are taller than the rest of us, but super skinny. I am so proud of how you jog every day. I think it is awesome! You kicked my butt when we went running. Seriously. I feel like a super fatty next to you.

That was so much fun to get pedi's. I wish that I could get them all of the time. Especially if I could go with my cute sisters in the window!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...