Monday, July 20, 2009

The Parade



Spence's family lives right on the parade route, and they very kindly save us seats every year. It's so nice. And Spence's mom has yummy, huge sandwiches, fruit, muffins, juice... basically anything you could ever want. She's very hospitable.

And this is the first time in a long time that the parade wasn't like a million degrees, with a million percent humidity. It was quite nice.

I didn't want Sadie to spill snow cone stuff all over, so I spoon-fed one to her and Micah:







That dang Sadie:


When I put sunscreen on her, I am so, so careful not to get near her eyes. I wish I could put sunscreen on her eyelids, because eyelids can burn, too, but she just freaks out. So I went clear around her eyes, and she still found a way to rub the sunscreen from her cheeks into her eyes. She is always doing that. It drives me nuts. She was miserable. I finally had to take her into Spence's house and wash it all off her face. Sigh.



I don't know what Spence and Beads are laughing about in this photo, but I think it's a really cute picture of them:



I gave Ben the camera and told him to take pictures, and he thought I meant that he needed to take pictures of the stunt bikers:



We often have miscommunications like this. He took like ten thousand pictures of them, then put the camera away. I was like, "Ben! I meant for you to take pictures of our family!!!"



Ben has always liked the stunt bikers. Thank goodness we now have a digital camera. Back when we had a film camera, we went to the parade when Dylan was a baby, and he wasted like half a roll of film on the dang stunt bikers.



The biggest surprise of the parade was the last float, some band:



We're watching this band pass by, rocking out, and we realized that our cousin, Jamie, was on that float!!! He's the one in the red. We couldn't believe it! I ran after the float so I could get a picture of him.



Nat and I were thrilled to re-meet our blogging idol, Spence's sister, Mindy:



The girl has some madd blogging skillz. She's seriously a very, very talented writer. If you haven't read her blog, it's here.



Slides:





7 comments:

Nat said...

Joyce is so awesome. The parade...I don't know, it's just not my favorite part of the 4th. Those stunt biker guys look cool! Hopefully next year we'll get to the parade earlier so we can see more of it; I just hope it's as cool outside as it was this year.

Lynita said...

Wow, Micah has a ton of hair now! I always struggle with the sunblock too, but I am a mean mom. I just tell them to suck it up!

Mindy H. said...

I am so glad that ya'all got to come to the parade. It is so much more fun to watch with kids around so we love having you and Nat's families there.

Oh, and thanks for the shout-out for my blog. You are so dang sweet you make my teeth hurt...or maybe that was the sadistic dental assistant I saw this morning....

Beej said...

I am glad that you guys come to the parade even though it is more fun for the kids than for the adults. The kids having fun is what makes the parade so great. And I know it means a lot to Joyce and Homely to have friends and family come to their house to watch. Yay!

Anonymous said...

I wish we'd gone to the parade. I'm afraid of how Brynnan would act so that's why we don't go.

Micah is so cute!:) I love his hair! whenever I see pictures of him I miss Jonas' long curly locks!!

I buy special sunscreen for Brynnan that's tear free. It's awesome!! He always rubs it in his eyes so this stuff works great!! I even rub it on his eyelids. Yay! LOL

Gifford Family said...

I LOVE the 4th of July! Your pics are great. Micah is getting so big. I also get sunscreen in my kids eyes no matter how hard I try!

Emily Empey said...

FUN! THat cracks me up about Ben taking pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...