Monday, July 6, 2009

Could My Mom Be Cuter?

On my second-to-last day of work, when I came home, I found this:


My mom was playing Mother May I? with my kids and the neighbor kids.


I had forgotten about that game. I guess the "mother" chooses one person and says that the person needs to make a certain number of a certain kind of steps. For example, "Dylan, take five crab steps."


Then Dylan would have to say, "Mother may I?" And if the mother says, "Yes you may," then he can take those steps toward her.


Eventually, one kid gets close enough to touch the mother, and then it's his turn. Mom was hilarious. She was making them do the Thriller Walk, the Funky Chicken Walk, all of these things. I was giggling so hard. She is so creative and cool. And so good with kids. She's a lot nicer to the neighbor kids than I am. :)

6 comments:

The Dillons said...

Your mom is creative! Did the kids know how to do thriller? I will have to remember that game next time I am with a bunch of children!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I think our parents are a lot more tolerant of people they don't see as often as we do.

Nat said...

Mom rocks. She's very creative with kids' games.

Emily Empey said...

Thats so cute! I just caught up on your blog again! such fun posts! Good luck with the cat! ahhh hahah! You are so fun

Unknown said...

Once upon a time I was considered "cool" and "sexy". Now I am a "cute dorky" grandma. I guess I will have to be content with that. I yam what I yam......

Amy said...

Grandmas rock! How awesome for your kids to have grandparents close by that love to play with them. If only Kentucky weren't so far away...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...