Monday, July 13, 2009

Da Zoo

Beads's hubs, Spence, is actually from I.F., so when they come out to visit, they get a little stressed out, trying to do everything they possibly can with both families and with all of their friends. I feel bad for them. I don't think their vacations are very relaxing. While they were here, they went out to eat for, like, every meal, with different families and groups of people, and they were always so full and uncomfortable! And sometimes they would go out to two of the same meal - two dinners, two lunches, etc. to try to please people. They're cute.

They made plans to go to the zoo with Spencer's brother's (Warren's) family, and they graciously let us tag along. We all started out together, but Warren's family has season passes and were going through the exhibits pretty quickly. My family kind of dawdled, so we got separated. Beads stuck behind to help Nat and I with the kids, which was nice.

Lexi graciously gave Nat's kids rides on her poor leg while Mom pushed her wheelchair around:

Nat did Ivy's hair so cute that day:

Here's a closer look:


I'm excited that Natalie has entered the Women Who Like to Do Their Girls' Hair Cute Club. I hereby name Arin the president. April VP. Nat secretary. And me treasurer.

Oh my gosh, it was SO HOT AND HUMID that day. We don't get much humidity around here, but when we do have it, I just about die. Brianna carried Brock almost the whole time, and I don't know how she didn't pass out from the heat:


I could never live back east. The humidity would kill me. I like cool, dry weather.
Here is Sadie, yelling at me that she didn't want her picture taken:


Here is Micah, eating graham crackers:


Graham crackers are kind of a new discovery for me. I mean, I have obviously had them off and on in my life, but I didn't realize what a winner they are for kids to snack on. I discovered this when I went to Megan's house one day. My kids ate like half of her graham crackers (sorry, Megs. I owe you a box), and I was like, "Oh. I guess they like those!" Graham crackers are a winner in my book, too, because they're cheaper than fruit snacks, yogos, goldfish crackers, etc.
The kids always want to feed the goats:


The goat food smells, feels, and looks like dog food. Ew. I won't touch it. Even with the hand sanitizer you can use, I never feel like my hands can get clean after that.
Why is it that the kids are always more excited about the tiger statue than the actual tiger??:

I was worried Sadie would burn her little legs on the tiger. It was just that hot. Look at how funny Jake is. And Brock is making the "love" sign with his hands. I love my neice and nephews. So cute and entertaining.

Slideshow:




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I may have forfiet the Vp position this summer. Boy have I been lax on the do's since summer started. Going to have to start "practicing again soon though so Missy can look cute for Preschool this fall.

I too have no clue how Bead could carry a kid all the way through the zoo without passing out, let alone if it was hot! :)

Nat said...

Dude, it was so hot that day! And my lazy butt kids would NOT walk! Yeah, I do Ivy's hair "cute" like, maybe once a week. So I'm not sure I could be the secretary, yo.

Mindy H. said...

It looks like you had a great time at the zoo, despite the heat and humidity. I love going with Warren's family... his girls know the place so well that they could give guided tours!

Oh, and I think that my mom needs an honorary membership to the cute hair club. When Jenny and I were little she would spend tons of time making cute hair accessories and then talking us into wearing them. That poor woman wanted girly girls so badly and got stuck with us!

Anonymous said...

Even though there's not much to the IF zoo I love going there. The boys do too and this year we bought a season pass. I need to start going more with them to make it worth the money I paid! LOL

Beej said...

It was really hot that day. And I ate a ton of food that week. I am still full!

My back really hurt from carrying the kids at the zoo, but I just wanted to be with them and interact with them as much as possible while I was there, so it was worth it.

Lex was a champ for letting the kids ride on her bad leg. She is such a good auntie. And honestly, the whole week must have sucked and been frustrating for her with her poor leg. Gosh, I sure hope that this surgery works.

It was really funny when we were trying to take Lex through the bird cage thing with the two sets of doors. It was chaos! It's really funny in hindsite.

Do you remember when the Kreg Hale girls would do our hair? They were obsessed...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...