Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pizza in Driggs

After we spread Jimmy's ashes, we went to a pizza place in Driggs. I can't remember the name of it, but it's not like Driggs has hundreds of pizza places! Funny story about that pizza place. In high school, me, Pooh, Em, and Cec went skiing at Grand Targhee, and while we were driving down the mountain, we were behind a car of really cute guys. Somehow, they asked us to go to pizza with them - I can't remember if both cars pulled over or how we figured out to meet up with them. And once we got inside the pizza place, they were kind of dorky and not as handsome as we thought. It was weird.

There's this gorgeous empty field on one side of the pizza place that has hundreds of enormous poppies. I was really tempted to steal some and plant them in my yard. But I refrained. I should have taken a picture of them.

Anyways, the food at that place is sooooo good. I had their tomato basil pizza. Yum. Bethie had booked the basement room, which was so perfect for a group with lots of kids in it. There's a foosball table, a big couch, a pool table, and a huge TV that plays Warren Miller ski movies. And then there's a bunch of tables you can eat at. I loved not having to chase the kids around a crowded restaurant. It was really perfect. The kids dining with their parents upstairs kept coming downstairs to peek at us in envy.

And I love the decor of the pizza place - leftovers from the mountain. There are old signs from different runs at Targhee, old skis mounted on the wall, and we actually sat on benches made from old ski lift seats. (Not the most comfortable things. Ski chairs nowadays are so luxurious compared to what they used to be.)

Here are some photos from our little pizza extravaganza.

Like I said, Cazzie loves babies. When we got up to Grand Targhee earlier that day, he made a beeline for Micah. I wondered how Micah would react, because he's Mr. Stranger Danger lately and won't go to many people, but he loved Cazzie and didn't let out a peep of protest. Cazzie hung out with Micah all day long and all evening long. It was soooo cute (and a nice break for me):

He even snuggled into Caz. And he's not a snuggler. I love this:


Pooh's kids are soooo funny. They love being silly for the camera. Note Bishop's face here:



And here:


And did you see the "closed area" sign behind him? From the ski hill.

Judge is also spazzy:


He asked to see the above picture right after I took it, then grinned in satisfaction.

Look at how pretty Pooh and her mom are:

Pooh and Shira got snowflake tattoos on their feet in honor of Jimmy and his love of snowboarding. The one of Pooh's foot was too smeary (sorry Pooh), but we got a decent photo of the snowflakes on Shira's foot:


She was wearing warm wooley socks, and you can see her sock marks. It was one of those balmy forty-degree days we had in June.
Here's Davey, Pooh's youngest brother:

Davey totally made my day when he said, "Kar, you're looking skinny as hell!" What a babe.

A slide show of the rest of the pics I took:


2 comments:

Jenny said...

gotta love driggs. we used to eat there (in driggs somewhere) when we went to girls camp (on mondays before all the other girls got there).

J + A Humphreys said...

I love Driggs. We stayed there during a Yellowstone trip once and I thought it was such a cute little place. Justin does this bike race called LOTOJA (Logan to Jackson) and I just love the drive all up through southeast Idaho into Jackson. What a cool memory to be a part of. It's great to have such good friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...