Thursday, July 30, 2009

Picnic

I thought it might be fun to have a picnic with the kids, so I called the seesters and the mama, and we met at the park. It was fun, kind of, but mainly, HOT. Really hot. I pushed Sadie on the swings in the sun for awhile, and I felt like I had heat stroke the rest of the day. Blah.

Brock likes him some watermelon:


Lexi is so sweet to let her niblets ride on her wheelchair. I don't know how that doesn't kill her poor knee:


I have sinned, for I have felt extremely covetous of Nat's t-shirt:


That dang Sadie rubbed her sunscreen into her eyes again:

My friend, Megan, just gave me a brand of sunscreen that she swears doesn't hurt her kids' eyes. I have tried it out a few times since then, and so far, so good! (Thanks, Megs.) As I was rubbing it on, I told Sadie it was magic, and that even if it gets into her eyes, it won't hurt. All the other stuff I have ever used is tear-free, but I think because I said it was "magic," she didn't rub her eyes at all. It's Coppertone, I think. In a pink bottle.


Ivy is starting to smile for pictures:


I love it! She is so cute.
Slides:

2 comments:

Amy said...

I tried taking my kids to the park for a picnic the other day. We all ended up in a little puddle of shade under a tree too! So dang HOT! I can't wait for the fall!

Nat said...

That was so fun. It's nice to break up the everyday routine, even though it was really hot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...