Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bikes at the Church

For playgroup last week, we had the kids ride their bikes in the huge parking lot of the church. It was like ten million degrees outside. I put out a bunch of paper cups for the kids to use as cones to swerve around, but the kids, and the moms, spent most of the time in the shade. Just too hot.

This is Lorraine's little boy, Sam, whom I accidentally called Isaac that day:


It was weird that I did that. I've known Lorraine and Sam now for two years. It must have been the heat.

This is Lorraine's daughter, Sariah:


Sariah's been sporting a headband lately, which is really cute. At the beginning of every play group or activity, it looks like the above. As the day goes on, I think she gets sick of it slipping, so she puts her headband on eighties style, like Bret Michaels from Poison:


Have I ever told you guys how much I love Poison? Good memories. Someday I'm going to get an iPod, and I'm going to buy all the Poison songs on iTunes. Angela J. and I used to rollerskate in my basement while listening to "Talk Dirty to Me." Do you remember that, Ang? I had no idea what that song was about at the time. I can't believe my mom didn't freak out!! My old office manager, Jody, had "I Want Action Tonight" in her head constantly. She would sing it all day. It was really funny.

This is Jennifer's son, Jimmy:


Jimmy is HILARIOUS. I was telling the other ladies about how Dylan sometimes drools when he's concentrating on something, and Jimmy overheard me. He came up to me later and said, "I'm sorry to hear about Dylan's drooling problem. He can't join my secret club, because his drool will leave a trail, and people will follow us." I laughed so hard. He is a crack-up.

Jimmy also managed to talk Dylan into getting a helmet from home. Talking Dylan into anything is a noteworthy accomplishment! He's a powerful little boy.

Sadie and her sunscreen-in-the-eyes issue:



Jennifer's daughter, Brenna:


She was so busy - she wouldn't stop and pose for me.

The rest of the photos I took (this is for you, Megan, so you can steal the ones of your kids from off here):


2 comments:

Nat said...

Again, I really should go to my ward's get-togethers...Maybe then I would actually have some friends!

Anonymous said...

LOL Nat! Maybe that's how my husband could make friends. They should have a Dad's playgroup! HAHA!!

Great pics, Kar! Except I hate that one of me. UGH! I'm so glad we came that day! I was missing all my friends! I'm totally coming next week! Is it still at the water park?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...