Thursday, August 7, 2008

Big Jud's

There's this place in Archer (southeast of Rexburg) called Big Jud's. It's literally in the middle of nowhere, and it takes a good half hour or so to get there. Ben had been hearing about it since we moved to I.F. last year, and it was his desire to go there for his birthday celebration.

Here's the birthday boy:

Big Jud's is so famous because of its gigantic burgers that you can get, if you so desire - the one-pounder, two-pounder, three-pounder, and beyond. They post a picture of you up on their wall if you eat one of these by yourself. Here's the wall:

Within the square with the Mexican flag colors are the people who have eaten one-pounders. The Easter Egg-colored square has two-pounder eaters in it, and the square with the stars is called the "Three Pounder and Beyond" square. Here is Ben with the one-pounder he ordered for he and I to share:

I only ate about 1/8 of it; Ben ate the rest. He figured that he could have eaten the whole thing, but he had a big lunch at work, so he felt too stuffed to be able to do that on this night. Here are some of the people who were there to help us celebrate Ben's birthday. Ivy:

Micah:

Ben and Micah:

Ben and Dylan:

Our friend Jared:

Jared's wife, Janneil, and their son, Isaac:

Jake:

Sadie:

Brock:

Pete and Nat:

Troy, the coke-aholic:

Micah and me:

We had a lot of fun eating and people-watching. There were a lot of kids from BYU-Idaho there, in big groups, flirting with each other and being silly. It made me laugh and brought back some funny memories. I took this shot on our way home:


The above picture is one of the reasons I love Idaho so much, for its sunsets in the summer, against the fields. It's just gorgeous.

9 comments:

anjie said...

Oh yeah! Mmmmmmmm Big Judds!
Happy birthday Ben!

Unknown said...

Wow I haven't been there in FOREVER.... mmmm maybe I could convice Jer to go sometime soon.....

Nat said...

My kids are so silly! And YOU, my friend, are so photogenic!

Lynita said...

Remember when we went there for FHE? Man we were so lucky to have some nice guys in our FHE group, and some were pretty hot if memory serves... good times!

Gifford Family said...

Yuck, that hamburger was HUGE! (I am not a burger gal) Hope Ben had a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a big burger. Shawn wants to go there, Now.
Happy Birthday Ben. You look so beautiful in your picture.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Ben. I think that Fuddrucker's has one pound burgers too. I've never tried one though- so good on Ben for trying. But I've never heard of a three pound burger. Can you say caloric intake for the whole week?

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Ben! You are lookin' good Kar. I have to say that a sunset at the beach looks pretty good too! Miss you

Michelle said...

Aaron went to Big Jud's for the burger as part of his "training" to take on a 4 1/2 pound steak, plus sides at a place called The Big Texan in Amarillo, TX. He at the burger and eventually conquered the steak in under an hour. I think between those to eating adventures he's cut a good 5years off of his life. =)

By the way Karlenn, you look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...