Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Olympics Observations



My friend, Anjie, wrote down some of her observations about the Olympics on her blog, and I just had to copy her and write down some observations of my own:

1. Nastia is an unfortunate name. Even though it's Russian. It's like saying "Nasty. Uh."

2. Is that Chinese gymnast REALLY sixteen? Really?

3. Women swimmers and men swimmers look the. exact. same. as. each. other. Flat boobs, enormous back muscles. You can look at a swimmer and not know which gender the swimmer is.

4. I'm with Anjie on this one - the gymnasts wear way too many barrettes. Have these people ever heard of Dippity-Do?

5. I want the body of a female beach volleyball athlete. Dang.

6. I can't believe that the winner of the 100-meter hurdles had enormous boobs. You would think those would get in the way, but nope. She won!

7. Does gymnastics stunt growth?

8. Australian basketball players have Emo Hair.

9. I have a high forehead, like Nasty. Uh. If I was her, I would find a more flattering way of pulling my hair back.

10. Have you seen that tall Jamaican sprinter? How is it possible to set a world record and just appear to be jogging, when all the sprinters around you are running as hard as they can? Incredible!!

5 comments:

Lynita said...

I love your observations, they are quite similar to mine. Did you check out the Russian gymnast competing for Germany? She is 31 which is awesome and she medalled in an individual event, but if someone said she was a man I would believe it! And she cut her hair like a boy, sad, truly sad. Do you think the hurdler just times it right so that her boobs go up and help propel her forward? I wonder what kind of sports bra she uses, cuz these giant girls of mine are always in need of some extra support! I think people assume that if you have more than a D cup you're not excercising. Thanks for the vote of confidence peeps! LOL!

Nat said...

I'm so sad I haven't been able to watch the Olympics very much. :( Stinking MSN/Cable question!

Anonymous said...

Your observations are so like mine. It's just funny to see them written down. I also think it's good that the swimmer, Phelps, has to wear a swimming cap because his ears aren't very aerodynamic.

Jenny said...

i haven't seen ANYTHING olympics. no time!

anjie said...

# 10. Steroids.

Today I saw someone dancing around with a hula hoop! Are you serious? It looked like something I should see on "America's got Talent" not the olympics.

And, have you noticed that most of the events that are decided by judges are going to the Chinese? Diving, Gymnastics, etc.

Aaanndd, I saw horse trotting, or whatever it is called. How can that be an event? The horse does all the work? How is it that the lady trotting on a horse "earns" the same gold metal that a lady who ran for over two hours won?

I hear you on the swelling breasts! Ohh. But it is getting better. And the stitches. No fun!! But worth it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...